Page 140 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 40901301381391401411421501902406401140 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    ... With real slough snakes, still alive, stuck in them, when you pick them up. Hey, what's that thing pinching my leg (snake head sticking out of bale attached to pants) .... slough bale toss.
    One reason for the gloves.

BTW Vet: Real men were once kids who were 'given' the opportunity to learn.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    ... Hey, what's that thing pinching my leg (snake head sticking out of bale attached to pants) .... slough bale toss.
    I'd call that a Maalox moment'

https://collegeathleticsclips.com/ne...exceptone.html

LOOK AT THE $20 MILLION INCREASE IN MOUNTAIN WEST and MAC ?? WOW!

now do you want NDSU to go FBS? that's big money that we are passing up
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This writer suggests Mountain West pick up NDSU. Looks like a student out of Georgia.

https://twitter.com/JordanDavisHill/...37237238439936

Seems like an upstanding citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    This writer suggests Mountain West pick up NDSU. Looks like a student out of Georgia.

FUNNY this was posted AFTER My twitter said "NDSU to Mountain West, now is the time for the Push!"
    this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    https://collegeathleticsclips.com/ne...exceptone.html

LOOK AT THE $20 MILLION INCREASE IN MOUNTAIN WEST and MAC ?? WOW!

now do you want NDSU to go FBS? that's big money that we are passing up
    So you get banned again?

hotshot pretty much.

apparently the NDSU admin has Tony in their back pocket.

They don't want me exposing them for being the wimps that they are, take a chance, get some fund raising sales pro's in teammakers & NDSU and lets ramp this up and see how good NDSU really can be!!

Bring on the Competition ISNT our MOTTO???????????????????/

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

The Mt. West would be great, but according to Sams, they have absolutely no interest in us. So, that leaves us with very few options but to stay in the FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    The Mt. West would be great, but according to Sams, they have absolutely no interest in us. So, that leaves us with very few options but to stay in the FCS.
    I think the Big 10, ACC, and SEC are going to push the PAC 10 and Big 12 towards 14 schools and not let them settle at 12. BYU makes more sense in the PAC 10. Utah is a travel partner outside football and geographically makes a lot more sense than the Big 12. The other school that would make sense athletically is Boise State. That would give the PAC 10 their 14 schools.

The Big 12 could add USF, UCF, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame. While it would be nice for them to trade Notre Dame to the SEC for Missouri or to the Big 10 for Nebraska, it still fixes a lot of issues. There would be no independents effecting the playoffs, everyone has a fairly equivalent scheduling system to work around, and you have 5 definitive conference champions. Conferences ranked 4 and 5 have a play-in game for the semis and you go from there. Man there would be so much money to be had.

Then the next tier would start to look at being 14 schools per conference. So the AAC could add Army, Chattanooga, Sam Houston, and UNI; CUSA could add James Madison; the MAC could add Youngstown, the Sun Belt could add Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Delaware, and Jacksonville State, and the MW could add NDSU, Montana, and Montana State. That would put them all at 14 schools each and like the first tier, make scheduling consistent for everyone. I know I am probably missing some but I went with the ones with the best attendance records and schools like CCU who have talked about moving up.

The pipe dream being if the Big 12 wants the best all around program to add, you add NDSU and let Notre Dame figure it out as an independent forever, because at some point they will have to join a conference.