Page 826 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3267267768168248258268278288368769261326 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Yes..It is a very nice home for the football team..

More questions. I understand that fcs football can offer 63 scholarships..I believe they don't all have to be of the full ride variety. You can split them up between multiple players and have 85 players total if you choose. In FBS it is a 'requirement' that all football scholarships are full ride (one player each)

Are all your 63 scholarship football players receiving full rides without any split scholarships?

Were you to jump up to FBS, you could have 85 full ride scholarships?

You could add the 22 full rides to get to 85 but due to Title IX compliance wouldn't you also have to add 22 scholarships to women's sports as well? I believe they could be split but still total a full ride to match football.

Do you think your administration may be factoring these additional costs in their evaluation about moving up.?

NDSU football is very happy and just fine in division 2. I don't think they are going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    More questions. I understand that fcs football can offer 63 scholarships..I believe they don't all have to be of the full ride variety. You can split them up between multiple players and have 85 players total if you choose. In FBS it is a 'requirement' that all football scholarships are full ride (one player each)

Are all your 63 scholarship football players receiving full rides without any split scholarships?

You could add the 22 full rides to get to 85 but due to Title IX compliance wouldn't you also have to add 22 scholarships to women's sports as well? I believe they could be split but still total a full ride to match football.

Do you think your administration may be factoring these additional costs in their evaluation about moving up.?
    I believe we usually do have some split schollies so that 85 players have some $$. We also offer full cost of attendance too.

I personal believe having 85 full schollies won't be a problem.

Others on here know more than me but title IX doesn't force a scholarship to scholarship equality between men's and women's. It's something to do with having the same opportunity to participate in sports.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post

Correct that FCS is 63 among 85 people. We have split partials in the past, no idea what our mix is now. Funding a full 85 wouldn't be a problem. That price might be less than the salary increase for the Pres, FB HC, and MBB HC. I'm by far not an expert in Title IX, but we traditionally are one of the few schools that use the "3rd prong" of compliance. Basically we give our women's sports what they need to be successful instead of checking a box in an accounting spreadsheet. IMO this should be the standard prong as it encourages success. We could easily add women's tennis if we go FBS and that should take care of everything.

Also for the previous post, the Fargodome was built while NDSU was still Division 2 and over a decade before starting our D1 transition. We had a different Pres and AD when it was built and when we went D1, and I don't think the previous set ever even thought about jumping. It was an absolute palace in D2.

One of the reasons the additional scholarships shouldn't be a problem is NDSU is well on the way to having ALL athletic scholarships covered by endowments.....and that hasn't even really been a focus yet (IPF, SHAC, etc.).
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

If NDSU had to add more scholarships for women's teams, would we have to add a new sport or are all teams not using the maximum number allowed by the NCAA.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If NDSU had to add more scholarships for women's teams, would we have to add a new sport or are all teams not using the maximum number allowed by the NCAA.
    I vote for beach volleyball!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think we’re maxed out on the sports we have.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

for all you NDSU FBS DOUBTERS.

JMU received 11 votes in the USA Today Sports AFCA Coaches Poll after beating App State 32-28 yesterday.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?