Page 820 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3207207708108188198208218228308709201320 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The usual suspects in this conversation: Dakota 4, Montanas, Idaho. Basically peal the top publics from between the Mississippi River and Rockies from the MVFC and BSC. That group is as good or better than the MAC, academics or athletics.

The wild fantasy would be to bring Wyoming into the mix.

None of that can happen however: Montanas and Idaho want to recruit in CA; Wyoming will never choose to leave the MWC.
    Good post, it would be nice. Wyoming is going to be in the MWC for a long time. The Northern tier conference concept would pose more risk for the Pokes than remaining where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Good post, it would be nice. Wyoming is going to be in the MWC for a long time. The Northern tier conference concept would pose more risk for the Pokes than remaining where they are.
    Wyoming is collaborating with some of the Dakota schools now. I'd like to see that alliance become the basis for something like the BTAA.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Wyoming is collaborating with some of the Dakota schools now. I'd like to see that alliance become the basis for something like the BTAA.
    Correct, NDSU was just awarded the lead for a regional NSF I-Corps Hub in the upper great plains

https://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/detail/69852/

But back to FB, here’s my question – who is going to pay for all 4 Dakota schools to go FBS?

The problem with your vision is that it has emotional appeal to the local homies but zero chance of ever happening, so it sets a false standard that holds us back

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Correct, NDSU was just awarded the lead for a regional NSF I-Corps Hub in the upper great plains

But back to FB, here’s my question – who is going to pay for all 4 Dakota schools to go FBS?

The problem with your vision is that it has emotional appeal to the local homies but zero chance of ever happening, so it sets a false standard that holds us back
    Yeah, the only times UND and USD probably need to get mentioned in this thread is regarding whether or not their alumni in the state govts have the ability to kill NDSU/SDSU moving away from MVFC/Summit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah, the only times UND and USD probably need to get mentioned in this thread is regarding whether or not their alumni in the state govts have the ability to kill NDSU/SDSU moving away from MVFC/Summit.
    NDSU alone, that's the only way
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU alone, that's the only way
    Some think we can't go without SDSU, some think we can't go with SDSU.

I truly don't care either way. Let's just make it happen
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

well yea at this point. but SDSU Pres AD & Stig have all said NO. (because they are smart enough to know they are a basketball school & they could never compete at FBS.

NDSU alone, then you treat the other 3 Dakota schools and UNI as your minor leagues... pull up 1-2 studs a year from each & voila
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well yea at this point. but SDSU Pres AD & Stig have all said NO. (because they are smart enough to know they are a basketball school & they could never compete at FBS.

NDSU alone, then you treat the other 3 Dakota schools and UNI as your minor leagues... pull up 1-2 studs a year from each & voila
    Only if they have enough stars and aren't from Moorhead... ya know cuz soft.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

If MAC schools can be FBS I don’t see why the top MVFC can’t also become FBS….

Remember when UN_ thought we couldn't go without them either.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA