Page 817 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3177177678078158168178188198278679171317 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

When UND was in the Big Sky, one complaint I heard was about how late all of the away games were. If NDSU were to go to the MWC, won't that be the same issue? In the short term people will be fired up and not care, but it seems like a long term issue. I'm not staying up until 1:00 am to watch NDSU kick the crap out of another garbage Mountain West team. Although their basketball is good enough to justify the lack of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    how about that crowd picture. NDSU would bring 5000-10000 for every MWC away game, you'd think the MWC would like that revenue in thier stadiums/towns
    More unrealistic Chapo hyper math at work.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    You think you would send 5 to 10 thousand to Logan Utah? Laramie Wyoming? I don't think ether place has enough hotel rooms..Maybe you could stay in Salt Lake but that is about 90 miles of icy mountain roads to get to Logan. Plus, once you get there you are in Logan, Utah..Nevada has been playing USU regularly for 30 years and I have never had any interest in that road trip.

I have been to Laramie but only in the summer. I have been lucky enough to visit every MW city other than Logan.

I can't predict the future but I am reasonably confident I would not travel to Fargo.

Vegas, San Diego and Honolulu are fun visits. I could see 10 thousand going to an away game in those places.
    I don’t think 5-10k of our fans could afford to travel to every road game but we would probably have more fans than most of the teams. Every week in the MWC won’t be a super bowl like it was yesterday. We may see 5-10k for P5 non conference games though.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    I don’t think 5-10k of our fans could afford to travel to every road game but we would probably have more fans than most of the teams. Every week in the MWC won’t be a super bowl like it was yesterday. We may see 5-10k for P5 non conference games though.
    That's a good point. Once or twice a year like Arizona and Frisco is very different than every other week.
    We'd probably get a couple good turnouts for destinations like Vegas though.

Half the games are at home. Load up non-con with regional games. Same for all sports

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    like NDSU couldn't be independent in fcs if we went back. we subsidize the FCS. they all make money off of our name
    The FCS doesn't make money
    College of Business Alumnus

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The FCS doesn't make money
    True but they lose less money thanks to the Bison and a couple other teams who have loaded up Frisco and had decent crowds at the games they hosted the last 11 years.

Chapo is way off. NDSU can send 10-20 thousand fans to one or two games per year (FBS opponent and FCS championship) but many fans won't travel to every away game.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    You think you would send 5 to 10 thousand to Logan Utah? Laramie Wyoming? I don't think ether place has enough hotel rooms..Maybe you could stay in Salt Lake but that is about 90 miles of icy mountain roads to get to Logan. Plus, once you get there you are in Logan, Utah..Nevada has been playing USU regularly for 30 years and I have never had any interest in that road trip.

I have been to Laramie but only in the summer. I have been lucky enough to visit every MW city other than Logan.

I can't predict the future but I am reasonably confident I would not travel to Fargo.

Vegas, San Diego and Honolulu are fun visits. I could see 10 thousand going to an away game in those places.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    People who want to wait to see what the P5 do, why cant we make the jump anyways?

If Ndsu continues this success there's going to be a push for fbs from somewhere. I dont know where, but I can see the admin. at least being tempted.
    8 years. some are still waiting for that imaginary split
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After all is said and done that game last night was pretty exciting. I’m still pissed we lost but if we got to play teams like that on the regular I’d be ok with a few losses…. (Spread over a couple of years) But in all seriousness, watching our buys compete and having more than a chance to beat P5 teams is pretty great. Please get us up to the FBS and at least have 1-2 P5 teams every year in OOC. Can’t win em all but sure as hell can try.

Go Bison
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS