Page 842 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3427427928328408418428438448528929421342 ... LastLast
Results 8,411 to 8,420 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Not surprising consider you apparently trust yourself to know what DB is actually thinking over what he's actually on record stating.
    And who exactly is getting paid millions to compile the data? All the Knight Commission is doing is aggregating the NCAA Membership Financial Reports, which are put together individually by each school, and making it user friendly. Not all that different than what USA Today or the Office of Postsecondary Education did, they have just taken the extra step to make it more customizable and do more things with it. But that doesn't change that the form they are getting the information from allows for a ton of grey areas on how things are categorized and accounted for by the school when it is being put together.

NDSU's media deal isn't some secret. They sold the rights to Learfield and got $1.85 million for 2020. Someone already gave a likely explanation to why its listed differently (licensing vs. media rights). The numbers of what I stated are correct pretty accurate regardless of how they are reported. So again, where's all this extra revenue coming from if its not fundraising?
    Separate the conference payouts from fundraising in that head of yours. It's two different buckets and we're not talking about the same thing. I don't know how many times I have to tell you.

The comments from Matt Larsen and Dean Bresciani have been that the increase in revenue helps offset the increase in costs (travel, salaries, scholarships, etc.) Is it some big great cash cow? No. Is it a full 1 to 1 replacement? Probably not. Is it more than half? Yes.

It has to be the right conference (hence his point about getting into a situation where there are no additional resources available to us but NDSU is needing to provide the additional resources). Which is why I read his comments to mean CUSA. If I remember correctly this was right after McFeely was probing about if we've been approached by a certain conference that was obviously CUSA. It's the only conference that even fits the description he gave.

I'll make it easy for you then: what's $5.25M minus $1.8M?

A hell of a lot closer to $5M than $0...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We're doing a little better than $1.8M now. It's probably at least $1.8M + 600k conference payout that is shown.
    The learfield deal escalates each year, and averages $2.19M (21.9 M over 10 years). Plus there are potential bonuses that could make it more.

The $5.25M is likely the full MWC payout, the media deal portion is closer to $4M

Put that all together and MWC should be a net increase of somewhere between $2 - $2.8M
    The other side of the coin is what are the increased costs. The difference would be what we need to make up for with fundraising.

I selected the MWC non-Cali schools, then dollars from donors, conference payouts, institutional dollars, and student fees.
    Wow are some of those departments getting school (institution/gov't) dollars.

https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/41355203

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    We're doing a little better than $1.8M now. It's probably at least $1.8M + 600k conference payout that is shown.
    The learfield deal escalates each year, and averages $2.19M (21.9 M over 10 years). Plus there are potential bonuses that could make it more.

The $5.25M is likely the full MWC payout, the media deal portion is closer to $4M

Put that all together and MWC should be a net increase of somewhere between $2 - $2.8M
    The other side of the coin is what are the increased costs. The difference would be what we need to make up for with fundraising.
    So, apples to apples then is $5.25M - ($1.8M + $0.6M) = $2.85M. Full conference and media payout where we currently are vs. what it is for Mountain West schools.

We're looking at present-day, which is the only way to look at it unless you want to get a finance team involved. You can't project out future Learfield payments without accounting for future increases in the MW deal that will get revised in 2026. For instance, when the MW just re-upped two years ago their school payout went up 4x.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Now you're getting it.

You said NDSU needs to add $5M day 1 and they don't need to increase giving if there is revenue to offset it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    We're talking something of the order of $5M increase on Day 1. No glaring need to increase the level of giving that is already taking place.
    Adding costs isn't a problem if you're adding revenue to offset them..

The math shows that only a little over $2-3 million (at this point in time) would be coming from the conference and media payouts.
    So, apples to apples then is $5.25M - ($1.8M + $0.6M) = $2.85M. Full conference and media payout where we currently are vs. what it is for Mountain West schools.
    So where does the $2M+ difference in the increase in annual baseline revenues come from if not from increased donations (which the outgoing president is on record saying he feels is almost tapped out)?
    Do you really think it is realistic that if NDSU was invited to the MWC (which would likely assume that some of its bigger schools are gone) that somehow a new media contract is going to increase that much to cover that?

watching these 2 worry about ndsu leaving again is too cute
    you're not only behind ndsu.. but sdsu uni usd ysu I'll state aSIU & Montana schools

go compare yourself to NSIC schools who 90% of your recruiting classes get offers from.

If NDSU is announcing a MWC move tomorrow, the cash would flow .....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Now you're getting it.

You said NDSU needs to add $5M day 1 and they don't need to increase giving if there is revenue to offset it.

The math shows that only a little over $2-3 million (at this point in time) would be coming from the conference and media payouts.

So where does the $2M+ difference in the increase in annual baseline revenues come from if not from increased donations (which the outgoing president is on record saying he feels is almost tapped out)?
    Do you really think it is realistic that if NDSU was invited to the MWC (which would likely assume that some of its bigger schools are gone) that somehow a new media contract is going to increase that much to cover that?
    I’ll go on record saying that “donations” are not tapped out. They’re not going to have to fundraise for a 50 million dollar practice facility all of the time. If they reallocate those dollars, that’s probably 15 years worth of minimum funding even with inflation. If they can make a push to get all athletic scholarships endowed then then the annual donations can go toward operations more. There is more. There needs to be excitement in order to tap into it.

I'm ready to pay my share.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Me too. And we’re not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Same for me
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.