Page 837 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3377377878278358368378388398478879371337 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Maybe you should stand on a stool and type with the caps lock on so they know you're serious eh.

Lardsin must go!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I seem to recall you stating that you have no interest in attending games currently because you don't find it to be worth the money or time you spend. Interesting that you are calling out others as petty that are making similar choices. You do you though.
    Or was I because I have kids in fall activities. 😂. Good try though.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    It’s not remotely close to the same thing and you know it. Nice try.

I don’t donate more than I already do (which is a substantial amount considering it’s not going towards season tickets or any other membership perks, FYI), similar to many others, because I don’t see how my donation is helping anything. If we’re just stuck in FCS and we can never do any better than go toe to toe with teachers colleges, sdsu and the Montanas then so be it. I have a long career ahead of me and would like to retire early. That’s more important to me than hanging up a couple extra touchdowns in Frisco against Montana state. There are quite a few young professionals in the MSP that feel the same way that I do.

This of course would all change if we had a publicly stated vision or goal for moving onto something greater. But we don’t have that we have an AD who makes snide remarks about us not selling out doesn’t help us get an FBS invite.
    It is, actually, remotely close. Because for whatever petty personal choice, each side chooses not to support the current programs and athletes who chose to continue their education and athletic careers.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Or was I because I have kids in fall activities. ��. Good try though.
    I'm sure family factors into your decision. That's not necessarily how you've previously portrayed your decision here. It's not just about being busy for any of us. Most of us are busy and have been busy throughout this run. The reality is that if we feel something provides value to our lives we will make time for it. There were more people/fans doing that in the early part of the run than they are now. The level of competition and the atmosphere that results from it is a major factor in that. Them choosing to not make time for NDSU football is not petty. It's a direct result of them not finding as much value in the product as they used to.

holding out money because NDSU isn’t FBS….that’s similar to a UND fan saying they won’t support their program because the Sioux nickname.
    if someone is too petty to support the kids and program as they are so be it.
    I support the program as it is but I'm sure I will increase donations once the move happens.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is, actually, remotely close. Because for whatever petty personal choice, each side chooses not to support the current programs and athletes who chose to continue their education and athletic careers.
    Your lack of logic is astounding. Fans not choosing to invest in the program more is not petty. We all make decisions based on our own circumstances and priorities. The fact that more people are putting less of a priority on investing their time and money into the program should concern the administration.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, we've talked about it on here when our other resident UNDer made the same point. We just raised $586M dollars in 6 years. I would've guessed the giving was tapped out after that too. FBS or no FBS.

But you're missing the point. NDSU can absolutely make the budgets work with the increase in media $ and postseason $ disbursements by the conference, in the right conference. That much is pretty clear. We're talking something of the order of $5M increase on Day 1. No glaring need to increase the level of giving that is already taking place. Although there certainly are folks who are sitting on the sideline waiting for a reason to give again.

He may have been talking about the CUSA, where there is no media $ and about to be essentially no postseason $ disbursements. Hard to tell, they've chosen to be incredibly vague, non-committal and coy about everything once FBS gets brought up.
    So, you state the outgoing president said the money was there, have already talked about the quotes where he said he actually isn't sure that it is and then your response is, eh, whatever, you know better than him I guess?
    Bold strategy, but I'm intrigued by the double down.

Yes, different affiliations would require different budgets, which again, was something he directly addressed. The interview was also from 4 months ago, he was well aware of where the fundraising campaign was at. Maybe being in the middle of something that turned out so well is exactly what gave him the insight to make the comments he did? And are you actually saying that a permanent 20%+ increase over today's baseline budget isn't a glaringly big deal or that NDSU's current budget wouldn't need to increase all that much to be at an acceptable FBS level? Because neither of those seem like statements I'd want to get behind.

But again, the actual point of my previous post was that you're claiming that DB is on record stating something that is more or less the exact opposite of what he actually stated. I'd would be curious to see where ML is on record saying the numbers work though.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    So, you state the outgoing president said the money was there, have already talked about the quotes where he said he actually isn't sure that it is and then your response is, eh, whatever, you know better than him I guess?
    Bold strategy, but I'm intrigued by the double down.

Yes, different affiliations would require different budgets, which again, was something he directly addressed. The interview was also from 4 months ago, he was well aware of where the fundraising campaign was at. Maybe being in the middle of something that turned out so well is exactly what gave him the insight to make the comments he did? And are you actually saying that a permanent 20%+ increase over today's baseline budget isn't a glaringly big deal or that NDSU's current budget wouldn't need to increase all that much to be at an acceptable FBS level? Because neither of those seem like statements I'd want to get behind.

But again, the actual point of my previous post was that you're claiming that DB is on record stating something that is more or less the exact opposite of what he actually stated. I'd would be curious to see where ML is on record saying the numbers work though.
    It’s not about the additional fundraising, it’s about the additional revenue that would be coming in from the FBS conference.

I didn’t say he said there would be a huge influx of donor money. You’re not reading what I’m writing. Common problem on here.

Guess what percentage of NDSU’s athletic budget $5M would be. Then go to the knight foundation database that our local grave robber apologist keeps bringing up every 6 months to see how much NDSU could be getting from a quality G5 conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

The fighting Sioux thing was about a bunch of weirdos lashing out in a strange way about a logo and mascot. They took their ball and went home over a picture.

What we’re talking about here is the diminishing return on investment of donations to an organization that is already doing quite well thank you very much.

I would love to see how you connect the two in a way other than people deciding to not donate as much.

But if you wanna compare teammaker numbers I’m more than happy to show you mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

The fighting Sioux thing was about a bunch of weirdos lashing out in a strange way about a logo and mascot. They took their ball and went home over a picture.

What we’re talking about here is the diminishing return on investment of donations to an organization that is already doing quite well thank you very much.

I would love to see how you connect the two in a way other than people deciding to not donate as much.

But if you wanna compare teammaker numbers I’m more than happy to show you mine.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NDSU92 again.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!