Page 836 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3367367868268348358368378388468869361336 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,360 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bresciani got the hots for a west coast gal ...
    You mean the NDSU Architecture grad with her own major firm who was serving on the NDSU Alumni Association Board? That "gal"?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This guy knows what he's talking about. Their university cut women's hockey remember.
    True.
    Cutting WIH actually brought UND closer to "first prong" compliance by bringing scholarship dollars and percentages closer to alignment to the campus population percentages (athlete and general). See the data from previous post on topic.

Another interesting number? NDSU spends over $1.2 million dollars more annually on player scholarships for men's sports: $3.186M vs $1.972M. That's 62/38 when campus is 53/47.

Source of this and previous data: https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

Should NDSU get an FBS offer and look to add 22 men's scholarships to the above numbers, all the funding, ratios, and compliance will get a review. Like I said before, I'd get someone who seems very knowledgeable and skilled (Hammersmith?) pondering now, if not already complete and tucked in a "some day" folder.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Interesting little blurb from some local reporters.

https://twitter.com/NevadaSportsNet/...59057384038400
    Ha!! They sound like some of the folks on the MWC board. Long way from ND to Nevada, true

But NDSU is the only school of the four that the MWC has publicly mentioned as a target, and I don't think the Montana schools are ready yet

the fact that CFP ANNOUNCED 12 TEAM PLAYOFF WITH 1 G5 GUARANTEED TEAM A MONTH AGO & MATT LARSON/COOK DIDNT RELEASE A STATEMENT SAYING NDSU WANTS IN IS THE SADDEST THING IVE EVER SEEN

bring on the competition...yea right... its a joke
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    holding out money because NDSU isn’t FBS….that’s similar to a UND fan saying they won’t support their program because the Sioux nickname.
    if someone is too petty to support the kids and program as they are so be it.
    I seem to recall you stating that you have no interest in attending games currently because you don't find it to be worth the money or time you spend. Interesting that you are calling out others as petty that are making similar choices. You do you though.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    holding out money because NDSU isn’t FBS….that’s similar to a UND fan saying they won’t support their program because the Sioux nickname.
    if someone is too petty to support the kids and program as they are so be it.
    It’s not remotely close to the same thing and you know it. Nice try.

I don’t donate more than I already do (which is a substantial amount considering it’s not going towards season tickets or any other membership perks, FYI), similar to many others, because I don’t see how my donation is helping anything. If we’re just stuck in FCS and we can never do any better than go toe to toe with teachers colleges, sdsu and the Montanas then so be it. I have a long career ahead of me and would like to retire early. That’s more important to me than hanging up a couple extra touchdowns in Frisco against Montana state. There are quite a few young professionals in the MSP that feel the same way that I do.

This of course would all change if we had a publicly stated vision or goal for moving onto something greater. But we don’t have that we have an AD who makes snide remarks about us not selling out doesn’t help us get an FBS invite.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    ... and I don't think the Montana schools are ready yet
    Correct.
    As I noted from the DI manual, it's 16 sports to be FBS. The Montanas are each at 15. NDSU is at 16 (8/8); UND is at 17 (8/9).

UMt (6/9) and MtSU (7/8) would each have to add a sport. (They list M/W "Rodeo" on their Athletics pages but it is not NCAA sanctioned.)

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

the fact that CFP ANNOUNCED 12 TEAM PLAYOFF WITH 1 G5 GUARANTEED TEAM A MONTH AGO & MATT LARSON/COOK DIDNT RELEASE A STATEMENT SAYING NDSU WANTS IN IS THE SADDEST THING IVE EVER SEEN

bring on the competition...yea right... its a joke
    And the fact that you used THE CAPS LOCK REALLY GOT YOUR POINT ACROSS A LOT BETTER EH.

Lardsin must go!

... MATT LARSON/COOK ...
    Do the NDSU President and the NDSU AD know things you don't know?

As I'm told here, your leadership is more than competent. Trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    And the fact that you used THE CAPS LOCK REALLY GOT YOUR POINT ACROSS A LOT BETTER EH.
    He was thinking really loud when he was typing too.