Page 827 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3277277778178258268278288298378779271327 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,270 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

JMU is for real. They could very well win their conference and be ranked at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    JMU is for real. They could very well win their conference and be ranked at the end of the season.
    Well yeah, G5 football simply isn’t that much better than the MVFC.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I do not think G5 football is all that much better than the top 10 or 12 FCS schools, if at all. The FCS wins against the MW both help and hurt your cause.. If there are other competitive schools in the neighborhood or a large urban area they begin to look quite viable for expansion. For example..Sac State has 30 thousand students, a football stadium that has a capacity a bit over 20 thousand and is easily expandable. The Sacramento metro area is very large. They have a big airport and are within driving distance of several MW west schools.

Are they as good as you in football?..No, they aren't. Do they check a lot of MW expansion boxes?..Yes they do..Will they get an invitation? Most likely no.
    However, I am still of the opinion the MW isn't looking to add, anyway..

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I do not think G5 football is all that much better than the top 10 or 12 FCS schools, if at all. The FCS wins against the MW both help and hurt your cause.. If there are other competitive schools in the neighborhood or a large urban area they begin to look quite viable for expansion. For example..Sac State has 30 thousand students, a football stadium that has a capacity a bit over 20 thousand and is easily expandable. The Sacramento metro area is very large. They have a big airport and are within driving distance of several MW west schools.

Are they as good as you in football?..No, they aren't. Do they check a lot of MW expansion boxes?..Yes they do..Will they get an invitation? Most likely no.
    However, I am still of the opinion the MW isn't looking to add, anyway..
    Right. The only ones thinking the MWC is looking to add exist in this thread.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    for all you NDSU FBS DOUBTERS.

JMU received 11 votes in the USA Today Sports AFCA Coaches Poll after beating App State 32-28 yesterday.
    For the millionth f'ing time it’s not doubting FBS, it’s where….. Just think about the one significant advantage JMU has over NDSU. it won’t take long. JFC.
    Last edited by daddy daycare; 09-25-2022 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    For the millionth f'ing time it’s not doubting FBS, it’s where….. Just think about the one significant advantage JMU has over NDSU. it won’t take long. JFC.
    He won’t agree they have any advantage
    I promise it’s not worth the effort
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    NDSU is better, NDSU has a bigger brand.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU is better, NDSU has a bigger brand.
    In the Midwest. And at the G5 level of football and conference alignment, the huge advantage JMU has (app state, GSU, etc) is the most critical by far.

So, I’ve made peace with the fact that we are not moving to FBS anytime soon. I really have this time. At least, I think I have.

You know how after you apply for a job you really want, you convince yourself that you’re not going to get it so that you’re not disappointed? That’s where I’m at with NDSU to FBS. I’m convinced we are not moving up. And I'm no longer going to be baited into a frenzy by someone hearing a rumor that a phone call was made by some person related to another person who once had Matt Brown over for dinner during which they had a conversation about what the MWC might want to do. I don't care anymore.

I bought NDSU football season tickets this year. This was the first year they’ve been available to me in the past decade. When I signed up for them (at the urging of my wife), I was fairly convinced that we were going to be moving up with all of the realignment going on at the time. I wanted to make sure I had the tickets when we moved up, because I figured they’d sell out again pretty quickly after that.

Now, I’m already planning to not renew. There’s no way we are moving to FBS at this point. We needed to strike when the iron was hot. Conditions have never been better to move up than they were in the last round of realignment. We all knew that JMU would make the move at some point. But certainly if Jax State and SHSU could find a path to FBS, we could too. And we didn’t.

Now, with yet another budget crisis on campus, there’s no way that we make the move in this fiscally austere environment. Even though football funds itself, the optics would be too problematic to make a move up when the rest of campus is in hair-on-fire mode from a budget standpoint.

I hope NDSU remains successful in FCS. I suspect they will. I wish the team the best of luck.

Go Gophers!
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    So, I’ve made peace with the fact that we are not moving to FBS anytime soon. I really have this time. At least, I think I have.

You know how after you apply for a job you really want, you convince yourself that you’re not going to get it so that you’re not disappointed? That’s where I’m at with NDSU to FBS. I’m convinced we are not moving up. And I'm no longer going to be baited into a frenzy by someone hearing a rumor that a phone call was made by some person related to another person who once had Matt Brown over for dinner during which they had a conversation about what the MWC might want to do. I don't care anymore.

I bought NDSU football season tickets this year. This was the first year they’ve been available to me in the past decade. When I signed up for them (at the urging of my wife), I was fairly convinced that we were going to be moving up with all of the realignment going on at the time. I wanted to make sure I had the tickets when we moved up, because I figured they’d sell out again pretty quickly after that.

Now, I’m already planning to not renew. There’s no way we are moving to FBS at this point. We needed to strike when the iron was hot. Conditions have never been better to move up than they were in the last round of realignment. We all knew that JMU would make the move at some point. But certainly if Jax State and SHSU could find a path to FBS, we could too. And we didn’t.

Now, with yet another budget crisis on campus, there’s no way that we make the move in this fiscally austere environment. Even though football funds itself, the optics would be too problematic to make a move up when the rest of campus is in hair-on-fire mode from a budget standpoint.

I hope NDSU remains successful in FCS. I suspect they will. I wish the team the best of luck.

Go Gophers!
    I think I'm right there with ya prof. I watched the Arizona game but haven't really watched any of the other games. IDK if I will watch any others until the playoffs. Made plans to go hunting over watching the SDSU game. Judging by posts on here and the number of tickets for sale against SDSU ML and the Fargodome have some work on their hands. Also didn't realize homecoming was this coming weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk