Page 811 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 3117117618018098108118128138218619111311 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This should be taken as fact by anyone familiar with NDSU football

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Who knew there was a thing to win too much! Such a thing as too much success! Crazy to think about really! I really do think the CUSA will bore our fan base the same as the MVFC. Our non conference games could make up for that bore fest but will those games be enough if we can actually schedule decent opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    I just don’t think any G5 conference wants all of our athletic teams to join their conference because it is not just a travel burden for us but for all schools. I just think a football only invite is more likely than a full invite. These issues do not exist for football.
    I think that really depends on the conference, the MWC and MAC for instance are two very different conference one is a bus league the other is very much not. CUSA is kind of a mess but it is such a mess they may just give us a football only spot in hopes that maybe we can lure other regional schools to join and eventually create a pod.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I would argue the best case scenario would be joining the MWC with SDSU and the Montana schools for all sports. Could also argue for NDSU and SDSU to the MAC as well. Putting the majority of our sports in one conference I think would have a positive impact and that would give us plenty of rivals. After that a football only spot would ideal.

At the end of the day, the other sports should be suffering before football has to bite the bullet for basketball and volleyball. A change in conference really only affects those sports, the others either travel all the time(baseball and softball) or don't rely on a conference schedule(track, golf, and cross country).
    The other sports suffering will be a burden to the football team.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think that really depends on the conference, the MWC and MAC for instance are two very different conference one is a bus league the other is very much not. CUSA is kind of a mess but it is such a mess they may just give us a football only spot in hopes that maybe we can lure other regional schools to join and eventually create a pod.
    Funny you bring up creating a pod in the CUSA. In my opinion the best chance to move up to the FBS is to bring a pod of teams with us to the CUSA. Creating a north division is more appealing and stable than the rest of the CUSA. Honestly wouldn’t be superior this is how we move up. No other G5 needs to add teams so CUSA is the most likely scenario.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Other than the covid year, the last 5 FCS championship games without NDSU had 13k to 23k attendees. Multiple in the past had higher attendance than any of ours. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.
    Facts? If you take out the COVID year, there has been one game, 2016, that didn’t involve NDSU. Prior to that you’re talking about 2010. Look at the list of fanbases that made up those games. Most of them are now FBS. It seems to me that FACT is missing from your story. Is Marshall, App St, Georgia Southern, JMU going to return to help produce those attendance figures? What exactly are you scared of? I’ll ask it again, is it really any scarier to be UMass or Idaho than to be Youngstown or Delaware?

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    The other sports suffering will be a burden to the football team.
    No they won’t. The football program suffering declining attendance is far likelier to be a burden to the other sports.

NDSU already subsidizes the MVFC the FCS and our regional foes for tickets & fundraising.

NDSU is being whored out, it's time to pimp baby!!

go PUBLIC NOW and say "NDSU IS A FBS PROGRAM & WE WI HELP YOUR CONFERENCE RANKING TO WIN THAG ELUSIVE G5 CFP SPOT"

BOOM. THATS IT

staying fcs and platueing is already happening folks.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Other than the covid year, the last 5 FCS championship games without NDSU had 13k to 23k attendees. Multiple in the past had higher attendance than any of ours. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.
    Hi, my name is manipulate information to support my point. What’s yours?

Was there a difference to championship games prior to 2010 that would make your claim invalid? Gee I wonder…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

Was there a difference to championship games prior to 2010 that would make your claim invalid? Gee I wonder…
    This! So much This!

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

Since when is presenting historical facts manipulating info? One guy said nobody but us would bring more than 10k, which is just plain wrong. Once again you guys attack the messenger instead of admitting you're pulling stuff out your ass to convince others to support your view. It’s scary to think what this thread would look like if a few of us weren't here to challenge your BS. You'd probably have convinced each other our AD sent all the FBS commissioners a box of his own waste with a note on what to do with it, and that's why we don't have an invite.