Page 810 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3107107608008088098108118128208609101310 ... LastLast
Results 8,091 to 8,100 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Getting a playoff spot, not sure it gets any more compelling than that possibility. With expansion in the works, the opportunity is there.
    No you’re only allowed to believe that 7-5 is our ceiling if we go FBS
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    And what makes fbs compelling is a shot at the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More chances for games against P5 and upper echelon G5 competition. And yes a chance at bowl games that have as much interest or more than Frisco. Let’s face it without NDSU, all of those Frisco games would have had less than 10k attendance. That’s comparable to the bowls everyone likes to make fun of here. What makes FCS compelling?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    No you’re only allowed to believe that 7-5 is our ceiling if we go FBS
    It is sad how little they think of our program's potential considering how much we already have done.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Agreed, at this point it is giving up. That said, I guess some want to sit around and hold SDSU's hand forever because our athletic department would crumble without our precious regional rivals. I could give two shits if we ever played UND or USD again...I want SDSU to go up with us but I am not going to let them decide what is best for our program if it has to come down to that.
    I agree when it comes to football. Our other teams will suffer if they are not in a regional conference. Maybe that’s why NDSU hasn’t move me up? A MWC football only invite would be the best scenario for the entire athletic department. I just don’t see think any G5 conference is going to be offering up a football only invite.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    I agree when it comes to football. Our other teams will suffer if they are not in a regional conference. Maybe that’s why NDSU hasn’t move me up? A MWC football only invite would be the best scenario for the entire athletic department. I just don’t see think any G5 conference is going to be offering up a football only invite.
    I would argue the best case scenario would be joining the MWC with SDSU and the Montana schools for all sports. Could also argue for NDSU and SDSU to the MAC as well. Putting the majority of our sports in one conference I think would have a positive impact and that would give us plenty of rivals. After that a football only spot would ideal.

At the end of the day, the other sports should be suffering before football has to bite the bullet for basketball and volleyball. A change in conference really only affects those sports, the others either travel all the time(baseball and softball) or don't rely on a conference schedule(track, golf, and cross country).

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Or maybe they’ll continue to grow and progress.

Could just as easily argue staying FCS could destroy NDSU athletics. It is a completely uncompelling product that is on a massive decline that our school is charging its fanbase P5 prices to see. I can tell you right now that isn't sustainable, casual fans have basically lost interest in the program because FCS offers absolutely nothing to get excited for.
    This should be taken as fact by anyone familiar with NDSU football

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Or maybe they’ll continue to grow and progress.
    That is true, MWC is a more pretigious brand to sell which presents an opportunity to set ourselves apart from other regional schools. This wouldn't be the same as UND in the Big Sky.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    More chances for games against P5 and upper echelon G5 competition. And yes a chance at bowl games that have as much interest or more than Frisco. Let’s face it without NDSU, all of those Frisco games would have had less than 10k attendance. That’s comparable to the bowls everyone likes to make fun of here. What makes FCS compelling?
    Other than the covid year, the last 5 FCS championship games without NDSU had 13k to 23k attendees. Multiple in the past had higher attendance than any of ours. But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

That is true, MWC is a more pretigious brand to sell which presents an opportunity to set ourselves apart from other regional schools. This wouldn't be the same as UND in the Big Sky.
    I just don’t think any G5 conference wants all of our athletic teams to join their conference because it is not just a travel burden for us but for all schools. I just think a football only invite is more likely than a full invite. These issues do not exist for football.