Page 808 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3087087587988068078088098108188589081308 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 13487

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    There’s not a “crowd” saying let’s take Hawaii’s spot. There is me pointing out that they are a shitty FB program and I don’t know what the hell they’re doing in the Mountain West.

I have stated that we’re not going to take hawaiis spot. Don’t put words in peoples mouths…
    Like calling people the "FCS forever crowd"? Same thing. Deal with it.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this NDSU / ARIZONA matchup was an opportunity for our AD and PRESIDENT to ACT like a FBS program and put some feelers out there, make some calls.

SHIT I would of invited some mountain west presidents to come witness a NDSU fan takeover and show that NDSU could bring 10,000 fans to a Boise St, Wyoming, Air Force, Colorado State game on a random saturday.

with the NEW CFP G5 PLAYOFF SPOT OPENING UP IN 2 YEARS NDSU HAS TO BE IN THAT PERIOD!
    I don't know how to break this news to you but they know fully god damn well who NDSU is and what they bring to the table. Saturday will be nothing new to anyone.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In the 2021-22 realignment, 16 out of 25 football conferences had changes. Just 3 of those ended up with an odd number of teams.
    ASUN with 5 who thought they had 6 but is actively looking for another after JSU left and is currently in a scheduling alliance with the WAC.
    CAA which who knows what they're doing with 15.
    CUSA with 9 and anybody who could fog a mirror.
    EVERYONE else took an even number. If we want to go MWC or MAC, who will be the other team to keep an even number for scheduling purposes?
    Sure, CUSA needs just 1, but holy hell no. The current CUSA is awful and most definitely a step down.

After this season, the MW will no longer have divisions or a need for an even number.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    In the 2021-22 realignment, 16 out of 25 football conferences had changes. Just 3 of those ended up with an odd number of teams.
    ASUN with 5 who thought they had 6 but is actively looking for another after JSU left and is currently in a scheduling alliance with the WAC.
    CAA which who knows what they're doing with 15.
    CUSA with 9 and anybody who could fog a mirror.
    EVERYONE else took an even number. If we want to go MWC or MAC, who will be the other team to keep an even number for scheduling purposes?
    Sure, CUSA needs just 1, but holy hell no. The current CUSA is awful and most definitely a step down.
    Is it though? I hear ya that CUSA isn’t as attractive as the MWC or MAC but to talk in absolutes like our current situation in the MVFC/Summit is far and away superior seems a bit naive to me. The MVFC/Summit is a low major situation. CUSA is as well but it may provide an easier path to a true mid major conference vs. the current MVFC/Summit. I’ll give you that the MVFC is more stable, the Summit is not really. It’s more stable than it’s been because of the Dakota 4 but outside of that it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Like calling people the "FCS forever crowd"? Same thing. Deal with it.
    I don’t call people the FCS forever crowd

Don’t put words in my mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Is it though? I hear ya that CUSA isn’t as attractive as the MWC or MAC but to talk in absolutes like our current situation in the MVFC/Summit is far and away superior seems a bit naive to me. The MVFC/Summit is a low major situation. CUSA is as well but it may provide an easier path to a true mid major conference vs. the current MVFC/Summit. I’ll give you that the MVFC is more stable, the Summit is not really. It’s more stable than it’s been because of the Dakota 4 but outside of that it’s not.
    They just keep running the same old excuses.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    They just keep running the same old excuses.
    And yet you can never seem to offer an argument otherwise. Aside from your sig of FBS or Bust, where Bust means the destruction of NDSU athletics no matter the cost.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    And yet you can never seem to offer an argument otherwise. Aside from your sig of FBS or Bust, where Bust means the destruction of NDSU athletics no matter the cost.
    That’s a bit over dramatic don’t you think? The risk of staying FCS is on par with going FBS. To act like one is demonstrably more risky than the other is ridiculous.

Could just as easily argue staying FCS could destroy NDSU athletics. It is a completely uncompelling product that is on a massive decline that our school is charging its fanbase P5 prices to see. I can tell you right now that isn't sustainable, casual fans have basically lost interest in the program because FCS offers absolutely nothing to get excited for.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.