Page 1346 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 34684612461296133613441345134613471348 ... LastLast
Results 13,451 to 13,460 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

When I lived in Florida I was closer to Indianapolis than Fargo is. I was also only a couple hours closer to Miami than Indianapolis lol.
    College of Business Alumnus

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    How the heck did I miss UCONN going independent a few years ago?
    They left AAC for Big East Basketball, which drives the bus at UConn.

Rumors are they may cave and join a conference though, they are the only true Indy FBS team left, and don't have the deal ND does to be represented in CFP. Every other team is in a conference now.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    They left for Big East Basketball, which drives the bus at UConn.

Rumors are they may cave and join a conference though, they are the only true Indy FBS team left, and don't have the deal ND does to be represented in CFP. Every other team is in a conference now.
    If they were to move to the MAC I expect they would try to keep basketball in the Big East. MAC basketball would not help them be the type of program they want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Thanks.
    It does really illustrate how logistically difficult a FBS path is.
    True, the real challenge is a lack of G5 schools nearby, which is the next logical step.

Still think we could make MWC work if they decide to expand. That conference is a bit more spread out and more open to it than most G5s. The G5s tend to want more regional clustering to reduce costs, their revenue streams are small compared to P4.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Such a void of potential mates in our geographic region

Man, look at that north-south line from Grand Forks to Austin, TX. There is such a gap to the west.

Also, when I said UConn to the MAC, I meant football only, or maybe also non-basketball sports.

And no, if the MAC doesn't want us, the MWC surely won't come calling even when they are expanding.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You're correct. MWC ain't coming around anytime. Might as well jump at the MAC I guess, although still off in the boondocks.

Article in The Athletic today suggests the new CFP will possibly change yet again in two years to a 14 team config with 3 auto-bids for B1G and SEC.

https://theathletic.com/5306903/2024/02/28/college-football-playoff-expansion-big-ten-sec/
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Article in The Athletic today suggests the new CFP will possibly change yet again in two years to a 14 team config with 3 auto-bids for B1G and SEC.

https://theathletic.com/5306903/2024/02/28/college-football-playoff-expansion-big-ten-sec/
    The ESPN version - https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ayoff-momentum

"According to sources, the model that's earned the most discussion coming out of the CFP meeting in Dallas is one that would include three automatic qualifier spots for the Big Ten and SEC, two for the Big 12 and ACC and one for the Group of Five. That would leave three at-large spots in that 14-team model."

Sounds pretty amicable (if lopsided - just have to accept the P2 dictatorship I guess) until this part

"One high-ranking official involved in the discussions told ESPN on Wednesday that the presidents and chancellors in both the SEC and Big Ten are having conversations about whether to continue their NCAA membership. It's a move that would impact and could possibly derail the TV agreement.

"Those conversations are happening," the source said, adding some feel "pretty strongly about pulling away. I'd say very strongly."

Are these discussions real or just leverage? If you're going to leave just do it and don't be assholes

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    The ESPN version - https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ayoff-momentum

"According to sources, the model that's earned the most discussion coming out of the CFP meeting in Dallas is one that would include three automatic qualifier spots for the Big Ten and SEC, two for the Big 12 and ACC and one for the Group of Five. That would leave three at-large spots in that 14-team model."

Sounds pretty amicable (if lopsided - just have to accept the P2 dictatorship I guess) until this part

"One high-ranking official involved in the discussions told ESPN on Wednesday that the presidents and chancellors in both the SEC and Big Ten are having conversations about whether to continue their NCAA membership. It's a move that would impact and could possibly derail the TV agreement.

"Those conversations are happening," the source said, adding some feel "pretty strongly about pulling away. I'd say very strongly."

Are these discussions real or just leverage? If you're going to leave just do it and don't be assholes
    Oh, I expect the P2 will leave *and* be assholes about it, taking as much revenue as possible with them. It’s a question of when, not IF. They want to be NFL lite.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Oh, I expect the P2 will leave *and* be assholes about it, taking as much revenue as possible with them. It’s a question of when, not IF. They want to be NFL lite.
    Are they bound by Title 9 if they leave NCAA?
    If not, say goodbye to any sport that does not lay down black ink on the bottom line.