Page 632 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1325325826226306316326336346426827321132 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

People bitched and moaned about the Great West once upon a time. We made that work and ended up the kings of the best conference in the division.

Just do it again with the CUSA who cares? It's a temporary move to justify a better position. We have to pay our dues. This is how we do it.

Make it happen Lakes.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Food for thought:

I'd love to see head-to-head series today between the MAC and the MVFC.

Seeds/games would be based on final Massey Ratings (all DI CFB) from 2021, namely:

NDSU 42 vs CMU 82
    SDSU 81 vs WMU 83
    UNI 101 vs NIU 93
    Mo St 105 vs Toledo 95
    SIU 108 vs Miami 99
    USD 111 vs Ball St 109
    UND 119 vs Kent 113
    YSU 145 vs EMU 118
    Ill St 149 vs Buffalo 129
    Ind St 160 vs Ohio 141
    WIU 168 vs BGSU 151
    Murray St 186 vs Akron 179

Murray State isn't MVFC quite yet, but I needed a 12th team.

The Sagarin ranking comparisons are similar (MVFC vs MAC):

NDSU 38 vs CMU 69
    SDSU 71 vs WMU 72
    UNI 99 vs Toledo 80
    MO St 103 vs Miami 87
    SIU 109 vs NIU 93
    USD 117 vs Ball St 104
    UND 119 vs EMU 107
    YSU 143 vs Kent 108
    Ill St 158 vs Buffalo 125
    Ind St 169 vs Ohio 132
    WIU 179 vs BGSU 153
    Murray St 191 vs Akron 181

The MVFC right now is the "western MAC", without the FBS label (and revenues and expenses).

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Right now the only G5 that may be considering/open to FCS members is the CUSA. While i'm not a huge fan of the schools in that conference, at the end of the day they can say that the are FBS and in the G5. Now, if a big change happens and there is a breakaway and the G5 starts to reorganized at least we'd be in the conversation. The G5 however would not need any more schools (as stated earlier). They can do whatever playoff system they like with their 60 or so teams. They will NOT need any FCS teams.

In this scenario, NDSU would then be at a point of begging to try to get into the G5. At that point, I hope we're not turned down to forever be in the FCS.
    I see the opposite. When the split happens the NCAA will be in charge of the tournament. All these other G5 schools can claim they would have fan support when tournament time but NDSU has proven they do. NDSU brings in revenue for NCAA. So when the split happens the NCAA will let NDSU drive whatever train they want into the new tier. Wanna start a new conference NDSU. Go ahead. Wanna go independent, go ahead. Want us to pressure the MWC to let you join, we got this.

Just cause most of our fans are fat, ugly and desperate for attention it doesn’t mean the program has to act the same way. They have a vision that most of you refuse to see.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    So when the split happens the NCAA will let NDSU drive whatever train they want into the new tier.
    The masters of micromanagement will allow a school to set the mark? Call me doubtful.

I see the opposite. When the split happens the NCAA will be in charge of the tournament. All these other G5 schools can claim they would have fan support when tournament time but NDSU has proven they do. NDSU brings in revenue for NCAA. So when the split happens the NCAA will let NDSU drive whatever train they want into the new tier. Wanna start a new conference NDSU. Go ahead. Wanna go independent, go ahead. Want us to pressure the MWC to let you join, we got this.

Just cause most of our fans are fat, ugly and desperate for attention it doesn’t mean the program has to act the same way. They have a vision that most of you refuse to see.
    You may want to add delusional to the list of NDSU fan attributes.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Right now the only G5 that may be considering/open to FCS members is the CUSA. While i'm not a huge fan of the schools in that conference, at the end of the day they can say that the are FBS and in the G5. Now, if a big change happens and there is a breakaway and the G5 starts to reorganized at least we'd be in the conversation. The G5 however would not need any more schools (as stated earlier). They can do whatever playoff system they like with their 60 or so teams. They will NOT need any FCS teams.

In this scenario, NDSU would then be at a point of begging to try to get into the G5. At that point, I hope we're not turned down to forever be in the FCS.
    Moving to the CUSA in it's current state is the desperation I refer too. SHSU is going to be no better off than NDSU when the shit hits the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Moving to the CUSA in it's current state is the desperation I refer too. SHSU is going to be no better off than NDSU when the shit hits the fan.
    You might be right, but that's because SHSU has so much further to climb. When the shit hits the fan, NDSU in the CUSA is better off than SHSU in the CUSA and better off than NDSU in FCS.

But I also acknowledge the point is moot. We're not going to the CUSA. We missed that boat. It may well have been only a dinghy compared to most other FBS conferences, but we are sitting on a deflating inner tube right now.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

^ Who the hell is this guy? Hey guy (I'll just call you "John", as in John Doe), with this "vision" that the program has, do you think they see their fan base as "fat, ugly, and desperate"?

NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Whaddya think chaps? Big 12 here we come?