Page 579 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 794795295695775785795805815896296791079 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

I'd like a bowl game. I'd also like it if the FCS championship would change locations occasionally. Frisco is just not a very interesting place.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Unfortunately for your argument, in addition to swapping campus locations they’re also swapping football programs in your imaginary dream world.

Truth is that GSU, Appy, Coastal, ODU and Liberty have all seen their programs improve since their recent move ups. No reason to think NDSU would be any different.
    GSU has not improved...they are as bad if not worse than something like '06. Absolutely horrible. Appy & Coastal yes, they are definitely better. ODU...I really can't say...they've always seemed like just some extra team on the schedule (I could be wrong...I don't follow them at all). Liberty has gotten better as well from what I can remember, but they still are just a middle of the pack team that doesn't really do much for me. The only one that has really been successful (in my eyes) is Appy, but Coastal has gotten there too...see if they keep it up.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Yes of course just because it’s NDSU. Whatever makes you feel better. We’d be as irrelevant as GSU. Carry on with the off season banter. 😂
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ern%20Football

We are as irrelevant or relevant as GSU, however you want to label it. If you think GSU is irrelevant, than so is NDSU no matter if they are FBS or FCS. The reality is making fun of "shitty bowls" is stupid considering we play a National Championship game in a soccer stadium at 11am in Frisco Texas. It's the equivalent of a "shitty bowl". It has been a really fun atmosphere in the past though and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm just in the camp that there needs to be some new excitement injected around the program and I don't believe that there are any opportunities for that to happen in FCS any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    GSU has not improved...they are as bad if not worse than something like '06. Absolutely horrible. Appy & Coastal yes, they are definitely better. ODU...I really can't say...they've always seemed like just some extra team on the schedule (I could be wrong...I don't follow them at all). Liberty has gotten better as well from what I can remember, but they still are just a middle of the pack team that doesn't really do much for me. The only one that has really been successful (in my eyes) is Appy, but Coastal has gotten there too...see if they keep it up.
    Last year Georgia Southern was bad, according to Sagarin about as bad as their worst years in FCS. Not every single year is better but look back at the Sagarin for the past 10 years and their average ranking is higher as FBS than it was during their time in FCS.

ODU isn't even a real football program. I literally cannot even remember Liberty or CCU in FCS but obviously Liberty is a bit of a strange animal.

Point being that generally teams get better when they are allowed to add scholarships. I'd love to be able to poll the GSU fan base and ask if they prefer where they're at now or if they'd rather go back to playing for the chance to lose in the FCS semi's every 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Just admit they're dog shit bowls and NDSU isn't really missing out on anything. No reason to beat around the bush about it.
    Then why are you beating around the bush about it? They aren't good bowls and most fans don't care about them - I probably won't either. Guess how many FBS fans care about the FCS playoffs. Funny how that works.

Again, I'm in the boat that those bowls you listed aren't going to be our ceiling if/when we move up. I might be right, I might be wrong, but it's what I believe. At some point in the future NDSU will revert back to the average and going 8-4 will be considered a halfways decent year. I'd rather that be happening in the MW/MAC and not the MVFC/Summit. I think it's the best move for a University I'm really proud of and that's why I and most others want to move up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

NDSU fans would make ANY Bowl game a freakin party. that's the point, Frisco is only fun because we bring 15,000 fans.

if NDSU brought 25,000 to the Vegas Bowl or Cure Bowl or some shit, it'd be a blast too!!

also, NOT being FBS is hurting NDSU. thats the bottom line. remember when FCS teams just UP and fucking quit in Spring WOW>
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Last year Georgia Southern was bad, according to Sagarin about as bad as their worst years in FCS. Not every single year is better but look back at the Sagarin for the past 10 years and their average ranking is higher as FBS than it was during their time in FCS.

ODU isn't even a real football program. I literally cannot even remember Liberty or CCU in FCS but obviously Liberty is a bit of a strange animal.

Point being that generally teams get better when they are allowed to add scholarships. I'd love to be able to poll the GSU fan base and ask if they prefer where they're at now or if they'd rather go back to playing for the chance to lose in the FCS semi's every 4 years.
    No real argument on any of your points...and I do keep in contact with some GSU guys. As a whole, they are happy to have moved up...it is a very small minority that preferred FCS. My point is if NDSU moves up, they better be competing to win the conference most years...suffering the fate of most these schools would not be worth it. Just moving up in Sagarin, but still in the middle of the conference does nothing for me. With that said, I'd be fairly confident we would be more than competitive in any conference that would have us. Now if we got our coaches poached constantly it would be harder...not sure if that would happen, but I don't see us winning the way we do and keeping coaches for long if we are FBS.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ern%20Football

We are as irrelevant or relevant as GSU, however you want to label it. If you think GSU is irrelevant, than so is NDSU no matter if they are FBS or FCS. The reality is making fun of "shitty bowls" is stupid considering we play a National Championship game in a soccer stadium at 11am in Frisco Texas. It's the equivalent of a "shitty bowl". It has been a really fun atmosphere in the past though and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm just in the camp that there needs to be some new excitement injected around the program and I don't believe that there are any opportunities for that to happen in FCS any longer.
    Once again, Frisco works because NDSU fans have time and plan ahead to gobble up tickets. Short notice bowl game anytime before December 28 will be a joke just like every other bowl game played by every other program. Honestly it's just common sense. The joke atmosphere at bowl games (the one's that NDSU has a realistic chance at) have been around as long as Joe Biden in politics.

Shit in your left hand, puke in your right.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU fans would make ANY Bowl game a freakin party. that's the point, Frisco is only fun because we bring 15,000 fans.

if NDSU brought 25,000 to the Vegas Bowl or Cure Bowl or some shit, it'd be a blast too!!

also, NOT being FBS is hurting NDSU. thats the bottom line. remember when FCS teams just UP and fucking quit in Spring WOW>
    Never...and I mean will NEVER...top the Frisco crowd. Deal with it.

Just think if we could only pick up NDSU and Georgia Southern campuses and flip flop them location wise...so place GSU in Fargo and vice versa....then NDSU could've been D1 in 2014. We've missed out on the GoDaddyBowl vs Bowling Green, the Camellia Bowl vs Eastern Michigan, the Cure Bowl vs Liberty and the New Orleans Bowl vs Louisiana Tech. Personally devastated to miss out on all those wonderful experiences. Sad, really.
    To you FCS Forever guys it wouldn't matter what bowl game we played you. You guys are just hell bent on never changing.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA