Page 566 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 664665165565645655665675685766166661066 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So that's the new strategy, force us to stay with the rest. You truly are FCS Forever because there's no way USD and UND move, and it sounds like SDSU doesn't want to move either.

Do you remember when USD and UND didn't want to move to D1? If we had been held back by them back then where would we be now? For a person who claims to not be an FCS Forever, you've sure shown that you really are in that mode.
    FCS Forever doesn't exist. Just because I don't currently see a path to success doesn't mean I want us to stay FCS. That's something your group has completely failed to understand. You're willing to destroy the rest of NDSU athletics just to have your ego stroked. Remember how we went D1 with a close partnership with SDSU? It was an amazing success for both of us. Partners exist for a reason and we need them.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    FCS Forever doesn't exist. Just because I don't currently see a path to success doesn't mean I want us to stay FCS. That's something your group has completely failed to understand. You're willing to destroy the rest of NDSU athletics just to have your ego stroked. Remember how we went D1 with a close partnership with SDSU? It was an amazing success for both of us. Partners exist for a reason and we need them.
    I agree with everything except needing SDSU. If we have a good opportunity to move and they arent invited then its BYE as far as Im concerned.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

https://footballscoop.com/news/map-s...tball-programs

This is why small population states aren't FBS. This analysis is 4 years old. The reality is most likely, North Dakota should reduce the number of College football teams (substantially) to fund a team at the highest level. The other alternatives are to stay as is, or move the state.

How could we possibly do any more damage to mens basketball by going FBS??? The program is already in the dumpster. And again, just because we go FBS doesn't mean we are switching all sports to a different conference. You FCS For The Next 30 Years guys just jump from one tangent to another.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

If by only you mean the partners needed for success, just compare the xDSU path vs UND. Look which side USD chose and how they've done. Travel partners are the gold standard for conference membership, not sure why you're calling this a sample size of 1. As far as FBS moves, look at UConn, UMass, FAMU and tell me all jumps are successful.

As for politics, the ND SBoHE absolutely has the ability to stop NDSU jumping. They absolutely have veto power over something like this. I have no idea what their position is on it, but if they informally told NDSU athletics they can't go FBS without UND then we're stuck for the time being.
    Sample size of 1 as in NDSU has only jumped once, and the hypothetical scenario I listed was FB-only. But never mind, I get your angle now

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    How could we possibly do any more damage to mens basketball by going FBS??? The program is already in the dumpster. And again, just because we go FBS doesn't mean we are switching all sports to a different conference. You FCS For The Next 30 Years guys just jump from one tangent to another.
    Cause and effect. Do you think our MBB is good enough for an FBS conference to want us? I've repeated stated we should improve BB. I completely disagree on FB only invites, the NCAA rules discourage that and there's only 2 FB affiliates in all of the G5. I don't see us being the 3rd.

We don't need a partner at all for football only, other sports need them but football has grown beyond regional rivals. All the regional schools also have virtually no ability to go FBS....Either they don't have the resources or the ambition to make the move. This whole thing is a creation by the FCS forever crowd to anchor the program down. The only thing we need is a conference, indy football is not going to be feasible.

The best thing for other sports is to have the school's cash cow to be best positioned in the world of college athletics. So if going FBS is best for the football program, the other sports are going to have to adjust and grow.

Trying to anchor down football in the dumpster fire that is the FCS may just lower the tide for all programs at the school, letting hockey and basketball schools that are our regional peers guide what our football program should do is also a horrific strategy that is what crippled us in 90s. If SDSU wants to go FBS with us great but if they don't, then goodbye.

If politicians try to block NDSU from doing what is best for its marquee program and the state's marquee sports team....they best be prepared to reap what they have sown at the ballot box. Which is exactly why they won't touch it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Cause and effect. Do you think our MBB is good enough for an FBS conference to want us? I've repeated stated we should improve BB. I completely disagree on FB only invites, the NCAA rules discourage that and there's only 2 FB affiliates in all of the G5. I don't see us being the 3rd.
    So we can't be an FBS invite because the football team is too good for a lot of G5 conferences and we can't get an FBS invite because the basketball team isn't good enough.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I agree with everything except needing SDSU. If we have a good opportunity to move and they arent invited then its BYE as far as Im concerned.
    Totally agree. While partnering with SDSU was the absolute perfect strategy for escaping DII, it would be completely unnecessary here. Hell, I'd even say we might want to leave them behind in order to further dominate regional recruiting and regional press. Remember, back then it was about reclassification for ALL sports. Here, we're just talking about conferences, etc.
    Insert something clever here...

We gotta cheer for big 12 to hurry and take Boise...then go all out pushing for that MWC spot

NDSU WILL GO ALONE. then we use the local colleges as our minor leagues
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?