Page 124 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 24741141221231241251261341742246241124 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Bowl games would have a better chance of a different opponent every year. Just sayin.
    Bowl games: 1 game per year, possible different opponent, less drama

Playoffs: 4-5 possible games per year, possible different opponents (or create playoff rival teams), TONS of drama.

I'm in the camp of staying where there's playoffs. The odds of facing the same teams year in and year out in the playoffs is marginal. This year was an oddity if you ask me. But they were all very solid teams with great games.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

The disposable income for a lot of people in our fanbase is changing drastically as we speak. Anybody directly, or indirectly, involved in production agriculture is going to imitate a Rottweiler hitting the end of his chain. So, if you grow crops or sell stuff to people who do with compensation based on sales, you won't be spending MORE on fun things.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    The disposable income for a lot of people in our fanbase is changing drastically as we speak. Anybody directly, or indirectly, involved in production agriculture is going to imitate a Rottweiler hitting the end of his chain. So, if you grow crops or sell stuff to people who do with compensation based on sales, you won't be spending MORE on fun things.
    Ahh, yes, and I just received a complimentary call from TM yesterday. The wife and I have been discussing allocations for our charitable contribution's this coming year. "TIMING"
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    NDSUs fan interest has reached its peak. The only way to increase it is to move up. That however, isnt guaranteed.
    So what do the P-5 teams do when they have supposedly reached their peak? They have no place to go.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Only one way to find out.
    It would vary by season Imo, but we'd likely lose this season.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It would vary by season Imo, but we'd likely lose this season.
    Check neg rep

Lardsin must go!

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It'd be a good game. Boise ain't no slouch. Especially the 2nd half of the season. But I'd go with ndsubison1.

No discussion or new thread on newly approved rule to allow payments to athletes? I'd provide more info/links, but on IPhone. It was approved late last week as I understand. NDSU will have to do it to stay competitive, regardless of level we are at--and to all athletes in main sports IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I don't disagree with what you are saying, but at the same time sitting around waiting sucks. How many years will it take for the football subdivision thing to get settled? Also, where are things going with a Fargodome expansion or alternate facility in future? All this status quo means is the program has peaked and stagnation will prevail. Just don't see how NDSU football can grow with all the constraints on the gameday facilities, the subdivision status and lack of any plans to have regional TV coverage every week. With some effort regional TV coverage is the only thing that could possibly get better in the next 5 years (i.e. contract with Fox Sports North). The Montana ESPN game is a one off and then after 2016 with no FBS games our national coverage will be limited to late in the playoffs.
    I agree. I also think the athletic department is kind of between a rock and a hard place right now with future uncertainty. I don't think they want to go asking for money twice.

I do think having a two tiered approach to the problem should be announced. With the completion of the SHAC, there should be an announcement there will be a strategy developed to upgrade the dome or the next facility to meet demand of remaining in a relevant tier of college football. That would coincide with the shakeout of college football and the preparation to fluidly move into the tier of football that best suits Bison football. So instead of looking like it is a wait and see approach, it would be a proactive approach to a productive future. In the meantime, the second tier of the project is positioning the athletic department to jump at the opportunity to move towards the next level. We should be seeking active partners interested in seeking a similar future and having them on board with being prepared for the next step. If the next step is a collaboration of FCS and the remaining G5 schools, I do think our next step really does have to include an all sports conference once and for all as our next conference move better be our last for a long time.

We can simultaneously prepare for a future of bigger and better things while waiting for college football to realign. It minimizes the risk and the potential double investment disaster.

Matt Larsen was on kfgo and talking about this. Below is the podcast link.
    He said we are talking around 3500 each student but schools choose.
    Don't have to pay all sports.

I see schools like uni having a tough time financially. If we begin to do this they might have to play 3 FBS schools

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/mike-mcfeel...en-01-21-2015/
    Last edited by StL Bison Fan; 01-21-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Wrong link
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans