Page 273 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1732232632712722732742752833233737731273 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Most people don’t even realize the difference between FCS and FBS I’m guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

According to the poll, women and democrats are in favor of moving to FBS, but men, republicans and especially independents are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Well then, McFeely shouldn't have characterized it as a strong plurality if it's not possible to have one based on limited number of response choices. Bottom line...the sentiment is evenly divided among 3 responses available (if you combine unsure and don't care). Heck, the margin of error is practically 6%. And, it isn't accurate to say 48-27% among Bison fans. It was 48-27% among fans for whom Bison football is their favorite team. There are plenty of UND hockey fans and Vikings fans who also like the Bison. I think just about every doctor and lawyer I know was a NDSU undergrad and a UND law/med school grad. Dual loyalty is thing.
    At first I was going to say you were flat out wrong...but after reading what you said a couple times, you do make good points. I'll have to ponder. The 48-27 amount is surprising...and can't be discounted. It just can't. But, your point about dual loyalty is a thing, no doubt...which does cloud things. Probably the biggest thing I took away from it was the percentage of people that didn't care. That is surprising. That is the market the FBS crowd needs to target.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

mcfooly and his douchy counterparts rigged this for clicks. fake news. what a joke

FBS or Bust. we goin to MWC!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    According to the poll, women and democrats are in favor of moving to FBS, but men, republicans and especially independents are not.
    Well then there's hope for the country, as this proves that a republican can find common ground with a democrat. Rare. But it can be done.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    mcfooly and his douchy counterparts rigged this for clicks. fake news. what a joke

I don't believe it was rigged. I do support going to the MWC, though. They offer, we take. Now go make it happen. Until then, go raise some money.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

EC, you know I'm a fan and a defender. But that's just adorable. For reasons you yourself have identified, we likely aren't going anywhere. I'll be very happy to eat my shoe-phone if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly confident that won't be necessary.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It would get more clicks if it said fans were sick of FCS and wanted to move up.

I think the casual fan wants to stay FCS. I never even hear FCS/FBS debate brought up, unless I'm the one mentioning it.

The "hate click" business model. The only way mainstream media can generate web traffic these days.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Well, according to a statewide poll published in the Forum, it looks like the majority of us want to stay FCS. The only people that want us to move up are UND hockey fans (seriously). And we are by far the most popular college team in the state, way above un_ hockey. Read it for yourself. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...FCS-poll-finds

Here's an easier to see version of the poll questions and answers: https://www.scribd.com/document/4441...vey#from_embed
    Is there a break down by city? I am very interested in the results for Hoople.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.