Page 420 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I mean if schools like Sam Houston, McNeese, and UCA are "moving up" to the bottom tier of the FBS then the bar for financial commitment is really being lowered. Those schools aren't going to have a $40M athletic budget anytime soon. They're not going to be paying their head coaches $1M+ annually. Hell, I'd doubt they'd even get near 85 football schollies unless they find a money fountain somewhere. I guess schools like WIU and Indiana St might have to make a tough decision but most existing MVFC schools probably wouldn't have to up their funding much at all to be competitive.
    Those schools hardly have a $40M endowment. Gonna take 50 years of inflation for their athletic budget to be $40M
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Since this thread is finally on page 420, I know what I'm going to do tonight.
    Insert something clever here...

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Since this thread is finally on page 420, I know what I'm going to do tonight.
    Meth? Meth?

Lardsin must go!

I am now FBS at all costs. MWC, MAC, CUSA....Indy, I don't care.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I am now FBS at all costs. MWC, MAC, CUSA....Indy, I don't care.
    This, 100%. Regardless of impacts to volleyball.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I hate to quote Aaron Rodgers but R-E-L-A-X. As of now, the only FCS move up imminent is JMU. That sucks but there's been zero moves within the MVFC or Big Sky for that matter, those are NDSU's geographic FCS peers and those are the ones that would really grind my gears if NDSU got beat to the punch by in regard to being proactive about an FBS move. You can shout into the wind about Tarleton being included in a tweet about possible CUSA move-ups but it's more likely they are the beneficiary of being in the right geographic footprint (CUSA wants to replace the Texas teams they lost to the AAC) as it is that they have a some kind of super persuasive AD working his magic or banging on the door of the CUSA commish's door.

I'll await my tarring and feathering now.

Sorry it sucked when GSU and App left. JMU is something else, they are the canary in coal mine that is screaming it is time to do something.

The Montana schools have no ambition and the MVFC schools worship at the alter of basketball. Those are not programs I think should be guiding our football thinking, not unless you yearn for the glory days of 90s NDSU football.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Sorry it sucked when GSU and App left. JMU is something else, they are the canary in coal mine that is screaming it is time to do something.

The Montana schools have no ambition and the MVFC schools worship at the alter of basketball. Those are not programs I think should be guiding our football thinking, not unless you yearn for the glory days of 90s NDSU football.
    The mentality that we need to run headfirst into FBS at the potential expense of the rest of the programs in the department is straight out of the playbook of UND hockey fans.

This is not a decision to be made emotionally... like Gene Taylor said when he wrote the letter recommending the move to D1 "You better be right or it's going to be a real short career for you". Going Indy in FBS football is a recipe for disaster... and if it's for all sports it risks imploding the entire athletic department for the sake of the vanity of the football program.

The mentality that we need to run headfirst into FBS at the potential expense of the rest of the programs in the department is straight out of the playbook of UND hockey fans.

This is not a decision to be made emotionally... like Gene Taylor said when he wrote the letter recommending the move to D1 "You better be right or it's going to be a real short career for you". Going Indy in FBS football is a recipe for disaster... and if it's for all sports it risks imploding the entire athletic department for the sake of the vanity of the football program.
    It has been the complete opposite of a disater for Liberty. That said, I am not sure we even have to do that. The CUSA may be at a point where we could ask for a football only offer and they may grant it. This may be the type of move we have to make to position ourselves in the FBS long term. Just like the Great West in the FCS, you aren't going to start out in the best G5 league like the MWC.

Yeah my post was tongue in cheek after it sounded like Matt Larsens first priority was the volleyball team. The sources I’ve read on Twitter say that Tarleton State had a meeting with CUSA officials. That is an infinite steps ahead of what it sounds like NDSU has had.

What a joke
    *one day later*