Page 419 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519919 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

If schools like Sam Houston and McNeese are going to move up the entire MVFC might as well move up. All it would take is to move the MVFC under the MVC umbrella and have all the Summit League football schools + YSU become affiliate members. Apparently there is a rule that if a conference sponsored 1A/FBS football at one time they can do so again without needing some kind of NCAA waiver to establish a new FBS conference. Since the MVC sponsored 1A football from 1978-1985 they would fall under this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Explain why Sacred Heart University is an attractive option please
    What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If schools like Sam Houston and McNeese are going to move up the entire MVFC might as well move up. All it would take is to move the MVFC under the MVC umbrella and have all the Summit League football schools + YSU become affiliate members. Apparently there is a rule that if a conference sponsored 1A/FBS football at one time they can do so again without needing some kind of NCAA waiver to establish a new FBS conference. Since the MVC sponsored 1A football from 1978-1985 they would fall under this rule.
    Pay more for the same product? Why would I want to do that?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Pay more for the same product? Why would I want to do that?
    The OOC options would be much better...which is one of the primary things I see being bitched about on BV. I don't think that a risen MVFC would be a step down from the Sun Belt or MAC or maybe even the MWC, with the exception of a couple of schools.
    Insert something clever here...

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    The OOC options would be much better...which is one of the primary things I see being bitched about on BV. I don't think that a risen MVFC would be a step down from the Sun Belt or MAC or maybe even the MWC, with the exception of a couple of schools.
    Man I don't know. Bemidji state, minot state and Jamestown for non con and then usd, und, and sdsu for conference play sounds pretty exciting to me!!! Pump it up. It's good for the state!

Lardsin must go!

Yeah that’s BS. Maybe for WIU, UND, YSU etc but NDSU would be in the exact same boat, literally, and then we'd have to share CFB $$ with them

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Explain why Sacred Heart University is an attractive option please
    I think he’s talking about Sam Houston. They dropped the State from their school name a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    I think he’s talking about Sam Houston. They dropped the State from their school name a couple years ago.
    Of course I am. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Who would be willing to do it? NDSU, SDSU, UNI, ILLINOIS STATE, SOUTHERN ILLINOIS, YOUNGSTOWN, MO STATE, ST THOMAS?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Who would be willing to do it? NDSU, SDSU, UNI, ILLINOIS STATE, SOUTHERN ILLINOIS, YOUNGSTOWN, MO STATE, ST THOMAS?
    I mean if schools like Sam Houston, McNeese, and UCA are "moving up" to the bottom tier of the FBS then the bar for financial commitment is really being lowered. Those schools aren't going to have a $40M athletic budget anytime soon. They're not going to be paying their head coaches $1M+ annually. Hell, I'd doubt they'd even get near 85 football schollies unless they find a money fountain somewhere. I guess schools like WIU and Indiana St might have to make a tough decision but most existing MVFC schools probably wouldn't have to up their funding much at all to be competitive.