Page 418 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518918 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

The whole having to travel to Fargo argument is so dumb. Ok picture this, a team has to play NDSU every year for ten years. Guess what, that team will have to travel to Fargo five times. 5 fucking times! 5! They can pay a head coach a million dollars plus every year but having to fly a team to Fargo five times over a 10 year span is totally unacceptable. Also some compare us to Hawaii. How in all that is holy a comparable scenario?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    There is an amazing new invention called aviation. If you fly, you can pretty much go anywhere in the US pretty easily and quickly.
    Yeah but I can get to Fargo and back on $90. That allegiant flight round trip from Nashville is attractive but then I'd have to drive to Nashville, pay for parking, and if I want to actually bring something with me, there's an extra $60.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

So OK, maybe I was wrong about JMU. If the rumors are true, kudos to them. One would assume that SHU, UCA, etc. will become very attractive to CUSA at this point.

Regarding NDSU footprint, you can view that as either a strength (recruiting) or a weakness (travel). We’re talking FB only here people, and if we can establish a rivalry with JMU we can make one with lots of other teams.

If you want the 4 Dakota schools tied at the hip (barf), then you are firmly planted in FCS forever land, and there’s no way you’ll ever be coaxed out of that box. There’s no logic to all 4 FBS. None whatsoever.

I’d be ok with one (SDSU) but that’s about it. Fuck UND and USD isn’t important enough to even be a thought in my mind. I love to go at alone and get in as a Football only member.

Yep, people starting to report that JMU is going to the Sun Belt.

BuT WhERE WeRe aLL tHe LiNkS?!? I thought you couldn’t move up without reporters mentioning your name in articles for at least 2 years. Someone refresh me on the rules
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    Conference USA is such a train wreck nowadays. I guess I would feel compelled to gloat if we moved up before NDSU. But that has to be the most mediocre prize to win in all the world. CUSA is one step away from hosting their football championship at some high school in Texas. And not even a cool one like Allen.
    Let's share in the mediocrity. Let's both move up to CUSA.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Explain why Sacred Heart University is an attractive option please

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    So OK, maybe I was wrong about JMU. If the rumors are true, kudos to them. One would assume that SHU, UCA, etc. will become very attractive to CUSA at this point.

Regarding NDSU footprint, you can view that as either a strength (recruiting) or a weakness (travel). We’re talking FB only here people, and if we can establish a rivalry with JMU we can make one with lots of other teams.

If you want the 4 Dakota schools tied at the hip (barf), then you are firmly planted in FCS forever land, and there’s no way you’ll ever be coaxed out of that box. There’s no logic to all 4 FBS. None whatsoever.

I was hoping this would all trickle down and force something to happen for NDSU. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's going to.

Green and growing or ripe and rotting.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    But has McNeese considered whether or not the third tier of the football pyramid is right for them? I thought we all were supposed to do that before talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*