Page 415 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515915 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

The American already made the 6 additions official https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tic-conference.

CUSA officially on life support

Chris Vannini's latest article (IMO, he's had the most insightful pieces on realignment) https://theathletic.com/2902904/2021...n-may-be-next/

Mentions JMU a few times, but again, no NDSU talk.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So we are still FCS? Well that sucks.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Naw, those idiots up north would poo poo the idea for five years before they'd follow in our tracks. When has UN_ ever done anything at the right time? Besides, the Tin Shed is way too small and more importantly, teh hockies would feel threatened.
    Having someone local to jump with NDSU to the FBS would make the move much easier and likely to happen. Question is who will want to make the leap? Propose to the Conference USA a north division composed of 7 teams NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, UNI, S Ill, and Mo St. Now could be the chance to jump but I don’t think NdSU administration wants to do it alone.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like the north division idea but, selfishly, I don't want to bring UND along for the ride.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Having someone local to jump with NDSU to the FBS would make the move much easier and likely to happen. Question is who will want to make the leap? Propose to the Conference USA a north division composed of 7 teams NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, UNI, S Ill, and Mo St. Now could be the chance to jump but I don’t think NdSU administration wants to do it alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I like the north division idea but, selfishly, I don't want to bring UND along for the ride.
    Outside of NDSU how many of those school could feasibly move up to FBS? 2?

Also I get the idea/need to have a regional partner but it doens't excite me to just take the core of our existing conference and move up with them. Also it would seem that moving up with that many regionals would tie NDSU to that conference for a very long time.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m pretty sure NDSU has missed the boat. There are still going to be things happening realignment wise but I don’t believe NDSU will be a part of it sadly.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Outside of NDSU how many of those school could feasibly move up to FBS? 2?

Also I get the idea/need to have a regional partner but it doens't excite me to just take the core of our existing conference and move up with them. Also it would seem that moving up with that many regionals would tie NDSU to that conference for a very long time.
    At the end of the day, it would be like now with better OOC games and no playoff. What kind of negotiating power would that group get with a nearly dead C-USA though?
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Is staying in a gutted FCS the best thing for NDSU football? That is a question we need to start asking ourselves here, regional schools are one thing but we could be latching ourselves onto anchors like back in the DII era all over again. Which in the long run is going to do serious damage to our football program.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    At the end of the day, it would be like now with better OOC games and no playoff. What kind of negotiating power would that group get with a nearly dead C-USA though?
    Depends how dead it is....If the MAC starts picking at the carcass we could have carte blanche but that wouldn't matter if we don't have other schools that have similar interests.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.