Page 447 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547947 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Just the 3 corners in a new stadium?
    Multipurpose semi-enclosed tri-oval seats 80,000. pretzel money plus partnership with RRV Fair and World of Outlaws. Pump it up!
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Anyone know the new (draft) NCAA constitution well enough to speculate on whether FBS independent will become easier? Guessing you won’t need a waiver

It’s interesting that the lesser independents out there have survived as long as they have.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Anyone know the new (draft) NCAA constitution well enough to speculate on whether FBS independent will become easier? Guessing you won’t need a waiver

It’s interesting that the lesser independents out there have survived as long as they have.
    Probably not in the constitution. My understanding is that what they are doing with the changes is devolving more decisions to the divisions. So don’t know what that means for independents for sure but if I had to guess I think that the conferences will get more say in DI decisions which probably wouldn’t be great for independents.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Probably not in the constitution. My understanding is that what they are doing with the changes is devolving more decisions to the divisions. So don’t know what that means for independents for sure but if I had to guess I think that the conferences will get more say in DI decisions which probably wouldn’t be great for independents.
    I thought it was divisions but maybe I misread it

Guiding mantra should be don't take a downgrade in media deal I guess

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I thought it was divisions but maybe I misread it

Guiding mantra should be don't take a downgrade in media deal I guess
    Thats right. They’re giving the divisions more control as opposed to the central office. My interpretation of that is that for division I that means the conferences will end up with more control over what the DI rules are.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Thats right. They’re giving the divisions more control as opposed to the central office. My interpretation of that is that for division I that means the conferences will end up with more control over what the DI rules are.
    Interconference heterogeneity seems to work fine at the FCS level (NIL, COA, playoffs, …) but I’d be shocked if it flew in FBS.

Here’s another bold prediction – After this new constitution passes, FBS (that’s right, FBS, not P5 … that unicorn lives 20-30 years in the future, if at all) will set up a governing body and all independents will need to formally 'apply'

I seriously doubt UMass and UConn make the cut, nor should they. That’s why they are desperate for a conference. NDSU, on the other hand, is a different beast entirely …

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Just the 3 corners in a new stadium?
    ... tri-oval?

maybe the better question at this point is how long will it take NDSU to get to 20 FCS championships?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    maybe the better question at this point is how long will it take NDSU to get to 20 FCS championships?
    15 more years

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    8 is enough no?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?