Page 441 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

It's happening.......I just figured it out.

The money for phase II of the IPF has been whispered to be committed. The reason it hasn't been announced is they are going to announce it in conjuction with NDSU accepting a fb only invite to the Mountain West.

Guaranteed to happen or your money back!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post

The money for phase II of the IPF has been whispered to be committed. The reason it hasn't been announced is they are going to announce it in conjuction with NDSU accepting a fb only invite to the Mountain West.

That's a pretty cool scoop. You should let Brett McMurphy or Matt Brown know. Or better yet, Matt Larsen.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

This guy from the Athletic got the memo!!!

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/sta...128131072?s=20

You couldnt have figured it out. You must have gotten the text.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

yes sir, let's get creative
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by el_chapo View Post
    yes sir, let's get creative
    Quote Originally Posted by bison dan View Post
    i think that people are not factoring in is there are some big money alumni that will step up to the plate.
    we have a biiingo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That would be easy. Our endowment funds for athletic scholarships would cover the difference. It's grown to the point where Teammakers is funding capital projects.

But having more scholarships would off set some laughable idea that mom and dad want to drive to vermillion every 2 years
    I wouldn't cite our endowment as being capable of much. It is laughably small.

But yes, we can make things work i would think.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    If UND were to "someday" go FBS, would you be willing to bring back womens hockey to keep in compliance? Asking for a friend from UND.
    Last time I looked, and admittedly it was four years ago, not all of UND's women's sports have all the scholarships filled. I believe only WBB and WVB are max'd. They could add balancing scholarships (grants-in-aid in NCAA-speak) to soccer, tennis, softball, ITF, OTF, CC, golf. Is that enough to balance 22 add'l for FBS? I don't know that right now either.

Update: Joining the Summit UND had to fund women's sports at 85% scholarships allowed minimum per the league I believe.
    Last edited by The_Sicatoka; 11-05-2021 at 03:52 PM.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I think NDSU has been fully funded* in women's sports for a decade or more. No room to grow there. Only way to add more women's scholarships at NDSU is to add more sports. Tennis is cheap. S&D is fairly cheap now that West Fargo built a big swimming facility. I think it would have everything a DI program needs except for platform diving. Major issue now is that it's already shared by three high school programs(WF, Sheyenne, Horace). Those two sports are likely preferred because they have ready-made homes(Summit). The other choices of rugby, wrestling, lacrosse, etc. all have the problems of extremely few other programs around us. And equestrian is f--ing expensive to run. It would be our own version of UND women's hockey.

*there have been years where some women's sports like basketball didn't use all the scholarships(coughdumbcough), but the money was always there
    Tennis isn't cheap because you largely recruit internationally. Would much rather see us add Women's Wrestling, Womens Rugby, Women's Lacrosse, or Women's Gymnastics. We would have an instant home in the Big 12 for Gymnastics and likely wrestling when it is added. Plus, let's be honest...we have a pretty good recruiting base in the upper Midwest for tough corn fed women. We would be a force in Rugby.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA