Page 434 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534934 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I'd like to see proof of this statement

Can you provide some?

Thanks
    We are talking about expanding the BCS correct? Not the FCS playoffs.

post 3718 in this thread and surrounding.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 11-02-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We are talking about expanding the BCS correct? Not the FCS playoffs.

post 3718 in this thread and surrounding.
    Correct. From 4 to 12. I've seen nothing to suggest it isn't happening, so I'd like to see what you are using to make the conclusion that it won't expand. Not syaing you're wrong, just curious what you are using to make that conclusion.

FWIW, Culhane just basically said on 1660 “They’re working on it (FBS), they’ve been working on it for over a year, and they can’t talk about it” – I don’t have a problem with that. I sure as hell don't want them talking about it until things are clear.

They won’t go to CUSA if they can’t improve the TV deal, since as it stands today, CUSA is worse than the MVFC. They also won't go to CUSA unless it has stabilized itself, and FB-only is a no-brainer here

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Correct. From 4 to 12. I've seen nothing to suggest it isn't happening, so I'd like to see what you are using to make the conclusion that it won't expand. Not syaing you're wrong, just curious what you are using to make that conclusion.

FWIW, Culhane just basically said on 1660 “They’re working on it (FBS), they’ve been working on it for over a year, and they can’t talk about it” – I don’t have a problem with that. I sure as hell don't want them talking about it until things are clear.

They won’t go to CUSA if they can’t improve the TV deal, since as it stands today, CUSA is worse than the MVFC. They also won't go to CUSA unless it has stabilized itself, and FB-only is a no-brainer here
    The PAC12 was never on board apparently and at least one more conference bailed on the idea after Oklahoma and Texas left for the SEC.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Anyone agree with me yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Dakotas and Montanas should start a new conf and sue the NCAA, claiming anti-trust violations, for a waiver to start a new fbs conference. Look at the profile of these schools compared to the lower G5 schools.. theres no reason that geography should be the only reason a school like NDSU cant move up. Leverage this in a way to get schools like uni and illinois state into the same all sports conference. Add a couple more teams out west and have protected rivalries to help with travel cost.

(Sorry for the duplicate post in a Football forum thread.)

Assume C-USA bleeds out MTSU and WKU to be down to ... three: FIU, LaTech, UTEP.

C-USA has already made advances toward Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, and Jacksonville State. That's seven, but that's still life support. And it's very southern/southwest.

The infamous "SiouxVolley" (RIP) has left our mortal realm, so, I'm left to channel his thoughts.

C-USA can't survive at seven.

Sometimes when it's not there for you you have to build it for yourself (see: Great West). But you need a lot (an FBS lot, because you need an invite) to build on. That's C-USA. Being FBS they can invite FCS to move up (see: SHSU and J-State).

C-USA should form C-USA North: UND, NDSU, UMt, MtSU, USD, SDSU, Idaho. That'd be 14.

If they want 16 find a north and a south team that fits.

Doing that C-USA would survive, a "western MAC" division would be formed (and who knows what comes of that group in say seven to ten years).

This (C-USA at 14 or 16) group would manage costs by conference limits on expenditures and better travel.

SiouxVolley always figured the WAC would be the shell, the path to a northern FBS group, and the Sun Belt would die away.
    Well, it looks like the Sun Belt lives, and C-USA is dying and could be the path to an FBS "Great North" (his words).

Fire away.

Agree. The NCAA is toothless right now. They'd grant a waiver and we'd be on our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Agree. The NCAA is toothless right now. They'd grant a waiver and we'd be on our way.
    Yep, because folks representing the Dakotas have a long and successful history of hopping on planes to Indy and getting exactly what they want.

Remember how UN_ messed with NDSU last transition? They don’t get to ride coattails on this one. They are a drag on the current conference, and NDSU owes them zero favors.

Does that help any holdouts for C-USA? Added benefit to leave UND in the dust and they can wisely let NDSU pay the dummy tax on how to move up again?

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Why go all brute force frontal with the NCAA when you can go more subtle and just put your ankle against the power cord keeping C-USA alive and mention that you'd hate to see that plug kicked out of the socket.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Remember how UN_ messed with NDSU last transition? They don’t get to ride coattails on this one. They are a drag on the current conference, and NDSU owes them zero favors.

Does that help any holdouts for C-USA? Added benefit to leave UND in the dust and they can wisely let NDSU pay the dummy tax on how to move up again?
    I get the ire, but not MWC, not Big XII, not even MAC, is coming out to the northern plains for one team.

If there is to be FBS it has to be built by those in the northern plains.

After it's built, that group may again part paths. Que sera sera.