Page 433 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533933 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 13486

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I was referencing the current teams vs prices we pay...it demands a move up as we pay just as much or more than most G5 for a shittier pool of opponents
    No some of us already stopped paying. For that reason.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    No some of us already stopped paying. For that reason.
    Trust me I KNOW!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Trust me I KNOW!!
    Just a few years ago and the check book would have really opened up with a move. Not so sure it gets opened up at all now. Longer it takes the less chance mine ever comes back out.

Lardsin must go!

Like it should have been in the cards when fbs teams stopped scheduling ndsu. I'll just wait and ride this out. Yeah right no way.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Just a few years ago and the check book would have really opened up with a move. Not so sure it gets opened up at all now. Longer it takes the less chance mine ever comes back out.
    Im assuming you have told them the reason I hope?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

For FBS aspirations, the safest and cleanest way to make it happen is for the MVC publics and Summit football schools (sans WIU) to move into the shell that is CUSA. We'd finally get the all sport FBS conference we've wanted with the Valley/Summit State schools all together. The problem is I think that ship has already sailed as the recent additions to CUSA have signaled expansion to the south. I'd imagine LA Tech is calling many of the shots and they have no desire to venture this far north. Besides, this is only a temporary situation for them as they will call the shots in this new CUSA and then bolt the first chance they get. I can see them inviting MoState as that is still "southern" but I don't think they venture much further north than that right now.

I think the best course of action is to remain vigilant to realistic opportunities and when the opportunity arises the Dakota schools all move together. There is strength in numbers, keeps regional rivalries intact, and keeps the politicians in check as well. There will be opportunities as the NCAA changes and the P4 split eventually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    For FBS aspirations, the safest and cleanest way to make it happen is for the MVC publics and Summit football schools (sans WIU) to move into the shell that is CUSA. We'd finally get the all sport FBS conference we've wanted with the Valley/Summit State schools all together. The problem is I think that ship has already sailed as the recent additions to CUSA have signaled expansion to the south. I'd imagine LA Tech is calling many of the shots and they have no desire to venture this far north. Besides, this is only a temporary situation for them as they will call the shots in this new CUSA and then bolt the first chance they get. I can see them inviting MoState as that is still "southern" but I don't think they venture much further north than that right now.

I think the best course of action is to remain vigilant to realistic opportunities and when the opportunity arises the Dakota schools all move together. There is strength in numbers, keeps regional rivalries intact, and keeps the politicians in check as well. There will be opportunities as the NCAA changes and the P4 split eventually happens.
    The split is likely not going to happen. With the expansion of the playoffs (with most spots assigned to the P5) why would they need to split? They are already getting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post

Missouri St already reportedly turned down CUSA. I don't know if the football playing MVC schools would be on board with this anyway. I get the impression they're awful snooty when it comes to their hoops so do they lower themselves to slumming with the Dakota schools in basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    The split is likely not going to happen. With the expansion of the playoffs (with most spots assigned to the P5) why would they need to split? They are already getting everything.
    What playoff expansion? That proposal blew up with the BigXII. Not saying that another one isn’t coming, just saying that there isn’t one now.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    What playoff expansion? That proposal blew up with the BigXII. Not saying that another one isn’t coming, just saying that there isn’t one now.
    I'd like to see proof of this statement

Can you provide some?

Thanks