Page 431 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531931 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I'm partial to rugby, but I truly believe women's rugby could work. It is currently identified as an NCAA Emerging Sport. The infrastructure is there -- new field going in due to a strong effort from the current clubs and support from Student Government, alumni support thru the club teams, slowly growing post-college club teams in Fargo. It's a very cheap sport as far as equipment and training needs. The major cost would be travel as there are limited women's DI varsity programs:

Quinnipiac
    Harvard
    Army
    Brown
    Dartmouth
    Sacred Heart
    Long Island University
    Mount St. Mary's
    Princeton

They could also play against the top DI club teams, as those have traditionally been just as strong, if not better, then the above listed varsity programs.
    Good to know. We went to the 7’s in Singapore in the before times. That was a good time. I guess we were the family friendly stop on the international rugby 7s tour though and that some of the other stops are full on party central.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I bet it was Kennedy Jr.’s antivax site. Either there or Front Page Magazine.
    Lol- great addition here. [emoji23]

Womens' Lacrosse for sure, it would help the university recruit Minneapolis area girls since they play Lacrosse down there.

NDSU name is out there on the boards, but they all seem to say "NDSU just wants to be big fish in small pond" verbatim.... sick.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Womens' Lacrosse for sure, it would help the university recruit Minneapolis area girls since they play Lacrosse down there.

NDSU name is out there on the boards, but they all seem to say "NDSU just wants to be big fish in small pond" verbatim.... sick.
    Don't put too much stock in message boards, especially when it comes to the topic of behind the scenes conference affiliations.

Literally no one down here saw UT and OU leaving the B12. Even fewer saw the Sun Belt raiding CUSA. General population knows jack squat
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Good to know. We went to the 7’s in Singapore in the before times. That was a good time. I guess we were the family friendly stop on the international rugby 7s tour though and that some of the other stops are full on party central.
    I have not made it to one of the stops on the World 7's tourney series. And yep, they are definitely big parties with a festival-like atmosphere, interrupted by some pretty fantastic rugby action.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I have not made it to one of the stops on the World 7's tourney series. And yep, they are definitely big parties with a festival-like atmosphere, interrupted by some pretty fantastic rugby action.
    A couple from my ParkRun club won the costume contest and got an all expense paid trip for two to Paris for the finals so when you go bring your A game.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

UTEP
    La Tech
    Western Kentucky
    middle Tennessee
    FIU
    NDSU
    UConn
    Liberty

instead of Indiana St, WIU, Youngstown, SIU, ILL St, Misery State then PUD dakota schools is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better
    Throw in 2 POWER 5 OOCS games and then keep 1 regional Fcs team

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm partial to rugby, but I truly believe women's rugby could work. It is currently identified as an NCAA Emerging Sport. The infrastructure is there -- new field going in due to a strong effort from the current clubs and support from Student Government, alumni support thru the club teams, slowly growing post-college club teams in Fargo. It's a very cheap sport as far as equipment and training needs. The major cost would be travel as there are limited women's DI varsity programs:

Quinnipiac
    Harvard
    Army
    Brown
    Dartmouth
    Sacred Heart
    Long Island University
    Mount St. Mary's
    Princeton

They could also play against the top DI club teams, as those have traditionally been just as strong, if not better, then the above listed varsity programs.
    Can you imagine how much shit we would get from the downstreamers if we played teams like Quinnipiac and called it REAL D1?
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

i just watched 20+ FBS games on and off since i left Indiana St game at halftime. and every single one had better players and action. cannot wait for NDSU to be a part of it!!

NOV 1 2021, We going on about 8 years of this FBS talk! the WAIT has been long enough.

I call the MWC Commish & ask him what's up *if he says, presidents dont want a fcs team, or travel* *if he says hold tight, BSU/SDSU might be leaving* then I wait.

then I call us CUSA & say " we will do CUSA for ALL sports only & we'd like flexibility with scheduling "

then I call Sun Belt & say "we'd do Football only & be back with some of our Rivals"

hell.. MAC isn't the best, but why not.

FCS is dead. fucking dead. and its HURTING our fanbase and you cannot fucking argue that.