Page 427 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527927 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you and 5000 others as last week & this week loom

Halloween, Hunting & Harvesting & cold tailgate might sink us to 10k actual

this below ignites the fanbase

NDSU vs Mountain West teams Boise , Colo St.(Bison Home game) Wyoming (Bison home game) Air Force, San Deigo St Nevada Fresno, UNLV (Bison home game there!)

NDSU vs CUSA WKU, Lousiana Tech, UTEP, FIU, & MTSU.

NDSU V Sun Belt. Appy St JMU Coastal Georgia Southern
    NMSU averages 14-17k in attendance and that wasn’t good enough for a MWC invite. Are they closer to the MWC schools than NDSU is? It’s of note that NMSU got voted out of the Sunbelt because they were football only, not close to any of the member schools and had not rivalries. How do we know the CUSA would take NDSU if they found closer schools to replace NDSU. Would NDSU being a sitting time bomb in these southern conferences? Is it worth the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU can’t talk about current/ongoing external conversations regarding FBS move

COUGH COUGH BULL#HIT COUGH COUGH

NDSU to CUSA better happen 100% if Mo State/SIU takes that leap
    SIU and MSU are basketball schools not football schools …… MVC>CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Already get regionally paired. FCS is a joke and will kill NDSU football and all the success it has had.

Sad to see, but I guess my falls will be more open because I'm almost done now, just not interested in this division anymore.
    Are people really true fans if they won’t support the team at the FCS level anymore because they are bored? Seriously some people are being a bunch of wet blankets. Been a fan long before the championship run and will be forever no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Are people really true fans if they won’t support the team at the FCS level anymore because they are bored? Seriously some people are being a bunch of wet blankets. Been a fan long before the championship run and will be forever no matter what happens.
    Fanhood isn't binary. You're not just either FULL FAN ALL THE TIME ALL GAMES NO MATTER WHAT or not a fan at all. i.e. I'm a fan of the basketball team, baseball team, w soccer, etc. I don't watch every game because not every game interests me and life stuff comes up. "You're not a true fan because you don't 'love' the team as much as I do" thinking never made much sense to me.

FWIW, as people on bisonville we are the rubest of them all. If people in Bisonville are talking about losing interest, imagine what the other 29,500 think. That's ultimately the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    NMSU averages 14-17k in attendance and that wasn’t good enough for a MWC invite. Are they closer to the MWC schools than NDSU is? It’s of note that NMSU got voted out of the Sunbelt because they were football only, not close to any of the member schools and had not rivalries. How do we know the CUSA would take NDSU if they found closer schools to replace NDSU. Would NDSU being a sitting time bomb in these southern conferences? Is it worth the risk?
    Someone smarter than me link the Braveheart One Chance speech.

Yeah, we could stay in FCS for the next 50 years, win 45 championships as all our competition moves up and on to better things. But at the end of those 50 years, what wouldn't we give to come back to this point in time and take a shot at FBS and see what this university, fan base and athletic department can really do?

I know where I sit
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

The hard-core NDSU football fanbase is 35-50. there is no denying this.
    Majority of season ticket holders are probably 50+

that 35-50 crowd has enjoyed the ride In the prime of their lives, traveled to all FBS games, Most of the Frisco games, they've done it all already.

NDSU HAS TO APPEASE THAT GENRE.....

Maybe Matt Larson doesn't care, if the program goes south he will bolt to the 1st east coast AD job & coast at 150-200k/year.
    Bresciani has been great, but he's gone too now!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

MSU and SIU might be BB schools, but they have higher FB ambitions. Let’s see where this goes. Assuming they survive, people will rail on CUSA as the bottom-of-the barrel G5, but this is what the Sunbelt was not that long ago, and now look what they’ve become through the strategic addition of high-level FCS schools. The MSU board seems up about it, and it looks like they are actively trying to boost FB attendance.

It’s also possible that the NCAA might change the landscape for FB-only in the near future. Have to wait and see what they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

I know where I sit
    Me too, and it is not in the FargoDome... it's at home or at the lake place watching until the playoffs. Playoffs are about the only thing that is keeping me from getting rid of our 7 season tickets. Next year is slightly better with SDSU and UND home games.

NDSU football (and other NDSU sports too) are awesome, but the FCS as a whole is not.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

angry phone calls into 1660am is EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED. good job guys!! keep the pressure.

Matt Larson shit or get off the pot & head back to stony brook if you want an easy job
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If we were to be a football-only member in an FBS conference, there wouldn't need to be any additional sports offered by NDSU, would there? I think there is a minimum for D-1 and then conferences can set a higher bar for the minimum number of sports sponsored at their schools.
    It's OK to not be OK.