Page 221 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1211712112192202212222232312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    exactly... what if we wait for the G5 split and due to injuries or god knows what we go like 9-4 and lose in the quarters and have 10K attendance... try explaining that to a FBS conference why they should take us now? its over..
    Why would a conference take into account the quality of the football team - at a single point in time - when deciding to extend an invite?

Also please explain why an FBS conference should take us right now....I don't see how we as a university are really all that appealing to the MAC or Mountain West, even if they are considering expanding.

Why do people think level of play corresponds to conference invite? I mean seriously why are people still posting about that?

It is a business. No conference commissioner has worked their whole life to get where they are, just to invite a school based on “golly gee wouldn’t it be fun to play the Bison?”. Conference commissioners and the schools they serve are only about getting a return on investment.

These are the same type of posters who thought Bohl and Klieman wore NDSU nut huggers to bed and would never leave because they loved the school so much. College athletics, and especially big boy athletics are a business. End of story.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU to FBS

NO

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Why would a conference take into account the quality of the football team - at a single point in time - when deciding to extend an invite?

Also please explain why an FBS conference should take us right now....I don't see how we as a university are really all that appealing to the MAC or Mountain West, even if they are considering expanding.

NDSU would give a shot in the arm to MWC and MAC on Day 1. we actually fill our stadium and would give some exposure to them.
    A Football only Program that is successful,
    A Land Grant School.
    A University that would actually CHERISH being there instead of Akron or San Jose State. which neither fanbases even exist
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    At least they aren't played in soccer stadiums... and winning a potato bowl is at least something we haven't ever done.. but that 14th out of 15 soccer stadium title against Pud U will be something special wont it...
    The elephant in the room is that NDSU fans won't be traveling for those worthless bowl games.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU would give a shot in the arm to MWC and MAC on Day 1. we actually fill our stadium and would give some exposure to them.
    A Football only Program that is successful,
    A Land Grant School.
    A University that would actually CHERISH being there instead of Akron or San Jose State. which neither fanbases even exist
    We currently fill the stadium. Doesn't mean we will. Reality is 3+ losses will occur more than 0 or 1 and come late October and November games, the GAF level for the fanbase and games that don't mean shit will go away for hundreds of different reasons.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    We currently fill the stadium. Doesn't mean we will. Reality is 3+ losses will occur more than 0 or 1 and come late October and November games, the GAF level for the fanbase and games that don't mean shit will go away for hundreds of different reasons.
    so they are not TRUE fans huh.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

NDSU Admin doing something that blows your mind. 2002 press conference with Chapman and Taylor comes to mind.

nothing since then crickets

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so they are not TRUE fans huh.
    Wouldn’t you be the same as them for missing/leaving early from games because the opponent is beneath your attention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Power 5
    Group of 5
    FCS
    D2
    D3

NDSU is in the 3rd Tier. I was told over and over again by Gene Taylor Dean and Stony Brook AD in the media that "NDSU will always want to remain in the 2nd division of football"
    You can be adamantly pro FCS (and honestly my favorite option is for the FCS to raise their talent and prestige and STAY instead of jumping), but You are freaking delusional if you think we are in the 2nd tier. The G5 has no shot at the "national title" which means they are inherently at a different. And we are inherently at a different level than the G5.

If you cant agree to this basic fact, than you dont belong in the conversation- at all. You either have to prove that the G5 and the P5 are exactly the same (which is hilarious since they are so vastly different that they have different names, lol), or prove that the FCS is exactly the same as G5.

We aint 2nd tier guys. Talent wise, we are arguably tier 1. but we are tier 3. Tier 3 isnt necessarily bad- but we are certainly in the 3rd tier.[/QUOTE]

Just because we’ve won a few games against fbs schools doesn’t make us tier 1. That’s just as delusional thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk