Page 1341 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 34184112411291133113391340134113421343 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,410 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Fargodome Fail

Time for NDSU STADIUM—
    NDSU football has a better chance of getting in the SEC.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...starting-point

"Baker said he believes about 100 schools might consider opting into a new subdivision"

There you go, straight from el jefe himself

So … 133 in FBS, some of which have no business being there, and a quick look at Sagarin shows SDSU, NDSU, Bobcats, Griz, Vandals, usd, SIU, Nova in top 100.

Seems about right to me tbh

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...starting-point

"Baker said he believes about 100 schools might consider opting into a new subdivision"

There you go, straight from el jefe himself

So … 133 in FBS, some of which have no business being there, and a quick look at Sagarin shows SDSU, NDSU, Bobcats, Griz, Vandals, usd, SIU, Nova in top 100.

Seems about right to me tbh
    Where ever they draw the line, it will be about money, and not Sagarin.

Early speculation was around $80m budgets for most schools to be able to swing it.
    If they don't cap the payments, thats table stakes, and the top schools will far outspend the bottom ones.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Where ever they draw the line, it will be about money, and not Sagarin.

Early speculation was around $80m budgets for most schools to be able to swing it.
    If they don't cap the payments, thats table stakes, and the top schools will far outspend the bottom ones.
    $80M would exclude the entire MWC, no?

So I'm puzzled where the 100 number comes from. Maybe it's hard for him to just blatantly slam the door on the entire G5 lol

But does anyone think they will find gold on oak island
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    But does anyone think they will find gold on oak island
    What's your point?

$80M would exclude the entire MWC, no?

So I'm puzzled where the 100 number comes from. Maybe it's hard for him to just blatantly slam the door on the entire G5 lol
    I don't know where the line would be, but it wouldn't include the MWC and it certainly wouldn't include NDSU. That's perfect for me. NDSU belongs with the MWC, MAC, SunBelt in the 2nd highest subdivision. That subdivision would have playoffs. Perfect.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don't know where the line would be, but it wouldn't include the MWC and it certainly wouldn't include NDSU. That's perfect for me. NDSU belongs with the MWC, MAC, SunBelt in the 2nd highest subdivision. That subdivision would have playoffs. Perfect.
    So your saying you want to be in a conference where the noncon hoops sked doesn’t include Bemidji State, Valley City State, and Dickinson State

Here’s my point - this guy represents all D1 and below, not just Sankey et al. He needs to rip the bandaid off and be honest about what they are trying to do. Hard to think of 100 schools that can make the cut (more like 60) but so far the real $$$ aspects of this are very vague, perhaps by design

So your saying you want to be in a conference where the noncon hoops sked doesn’t include Bemidji State, Valley City State, and Dickinson State

Here’s my point - this guy represents all D1 and below, not just Sankey et al. He needs to rip the bandaid off and be honest about what they are trying to do. Hard to think of 100 schools that can make the cut (more like 60) but so far the real $$$ aspects of this are very vague, perhaps by design
    I agree, 60 sounds more realistic than 100. I don't know who the last 20-30 would be, but they wouldn't look anything like Alabama or Ohio State.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It’s vague I think in part because they largely want the P4 in, and even more so because there is no upper boundaries on spending, this is about letting UGA, OSU, Bama, Oregon level teams spend as much as they please harvesting players and coaches.

It’s no limits Texas Hold’em for the top teams. The small blind may be in the $7-10m range per year. Staying competitive will likely cost far more.

I just hope the G5 do something sensible and add the top FCS leagues.