Page 1051 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 515519511001104110491050105110521053106111011151 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,510 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The PAC needs access into SoCal (students, alumni, donors).
    SDSU is the only thing close to the standards of CaliStan.
    SDSU has to be the prime target.

I still say the BXII could really foul up the PAC by offering San Diego State.
    And SDSU could be awesome bait for the 'zonas (who see the money will be better in the BXII but still want SoCal access).
    The 'zonas have to worry that UW/UO/CaliStan would ditch them in a heartbeat for the B1G.

Behind only Notre Dame, at this moment in time SDSU seems to have a lot of power as to how realignment may sort out.
    The rumor I heard was that B1G doesn’t want Cal and Stanford is going the Notre Dame route. ASU, Zona, Colorado and Utah to BXII.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The rumor I heard was that B1G doesn’t want Cal and Stanford is going the Notre Dame route. ASU, Zona, Colorado and Utah to BXII.
    I read that multiple B10 sources have stated that USC and UCLA effectively blocked Oregon and Washington from the B10. If that is true, they will be stuck in the PAC for a while.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    I read that multiple B10 sources have stated that USC and UCLA effectively blocked Oregon and Washington from the B10. If that is true, they will be stuck in the PAC for a while.
    Not sure why that would be the case. FWIW - the PAC12 school that looks more like the B10 would be Washington when you look at both the academic and athletic profiles.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Not sure why that would be the case. FWIW - the PAC12 school that looks more like the B10 would be Washington when you look at both the academic and athletic profiles.
    Lol if athletic and academic profiles decided everything, let me be first to introduce you to the BIG12 NDSU Bison
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The story before USC/UCLA were taken was if the UC regents step in the B1G would take USC/Stan (both private). B1G'd get both SoCal and BayArea access that way. That they went USC/UCLA tells me where the B1G sees the value (UCLA > Cali or Stan).

In about every scenario I read the one left behind would be Cal.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I subscribe to Matt Brown, from what I can tell its a nothing burger to drive more subs. He has a lot of tweets like this.
    Closest mid major update in football I saw from him this week was speculation around why ASun WAC plan probably won't work.

The other "realignment" news was Middle Georgia State moving to Peach Belt, not sure if he considers that "mid major", possibly.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I subscribe to Matt Brown, from what I can tell its a nothing burger to drive more subs. He has a lot of tweets like this.
    Closest mid major update in football I saw from him this week was speculation around why ASun WAC plan probably won't work.

The other "realignment" news was Middle Georgia State moving to Peach Belt, not sure if he considers that "mid major", possibly.

Didn't even know that Middle Georgia State was a real school! Can't name another school in the Mighty Peach Belt Conference.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Western Ill jumping to the ovc? Bison announcement to the AAC? Summit Football forming with St Thomas going full scholarship in football?

There are a bunch stories saying that Florida State might be one next big dominos to fall in next year or two.

They are not happy in current ACC being down 30 million to Big Ten and SEC each season. I think they are currently working on medical school to try to get in AAU in few years.