Page 1138 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 13863810381088112811361137113811391140114811881238 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,380 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Print is dead bro, how many followers do I, er I mean, does McFeely even have? Probably less than the average Jr High girl.
    Better question is how does he compare to other "random guys on the internet"? You know, the ones with all the inside scoops.

Print is dead bro, how many followers do I, er I mean, does McFeely even have? Probably less than the average Jr High girl.
    Virtual ink?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Better question is how does he compare to other "random guys on the internet"? You know, the ones with all the inside scoops.
    IF(content == positive about NDSU) {

Solid source

}
    ELSE {

Random internet hack

}
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 06-22-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Like the Portly one? Oh No! He doesn't actually know anything, he just manipulates data to make it seem like UND's Athletic Program isn't as highly publically subsidized in comparison to FCS leading programs.

Like the Portly one? Oh No! He doesn't actually know anything, he just manipulates data to make it seem like UND's Athletic Program isn't as highly publically subsidized in comparison to FCS leading programs.
    Since you want to be picky about it, UND was #6 FCS in smallest percentage of revenue being from allocated funds, so I guess they do rank pretty comparable in the grand scheme of things to FCS leading programs.*

Port's last article about subsidies was actually complimentary to NDSU keeping their allocated funds down and specifically pointed out how that compared to UND. But I know that doesn't fit your narrative, so carry on.

*Of the 76 FCS schools in the recently released report
    Last edited by abc123; 06-22-2023 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added clarification

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Since you want to be picky about it, UND was #6 FCS in smallest percentage of revenue being from allocated funds, so I guess they do rank pretty comparable in the grand scheme of things to FCS leading programs.

Port's last article about subsidies was actually complimentary to NDSU keeping their allocated funds down and specifically pointed out how that compared to UND. But I know that doesn't fit your narrative, so carry on.
    Rob at least attempts to provide data to support his writing. And in many cases he presents good arguments. McFeely just writes believing as if it fact with no back up plan. A recent example when he went off about the U4K program about bringing Urkainians to the oil patch. We went on about how its a right wing attempt to move white people to western ND, whereas the program was a Ukraine specific program established by the Biden administration. What interesting about this after McFeely bash piece, Rob wrote an article on the program, with program specifics completely showing the errors of McFeely's blog. Happens everyday.

What are 10k followers worth on the internet? $100 a month? $200? That is what Mcfeely generates.

Since you want to be picky about it, UND was #6 FCS in smallest percentage of revenue being from allocated funds, so I guess they do rank pretty comparable in the grand scheme of things to FCS leading programs.

Why doesn't he do Minot State and the smaller colleges now?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did MWC kick out SDSU? A good read.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...tters-exit-fee

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    I am worried the transfer portal may take a bite out of future success because we won’t be able to keep the elite talent from leaving for bigger $$$. Our development system is really uprooted when kids can leave on a whim
    I think that there's a version of the portal that might not be obvious but within which the Bison may already currently participate, and may actually further exploit with an FBS upgrade. A development program like NDSU might attract high FCS, low/middle FBS, and some high FBS talent for 3 of their 4 years of eligibility. We get kids that we wouldn't normally attract because they want that development. They may not want to graduate as Bison, but they damn sure want to contribute heavily to the cause for their redshirt and three years. I know that that means that a different team gets their theoretical best year but that doesn't negate the fact that we're getting guys that in some cases shouldn't even be sniffing NDSU.

Would you rather have skipped the three years Jabrill played in a Bison uniform? Or perhaps you could have 6-8 more of those guys on the team at any one time...
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Why doesn't he do Minot State and the smaller colleges now?
    Because no one cares and the clicks it would generate aren't worth the time to research and write it? Unfortunately no one cares enough to shut them down or repurpose them either.