Page 612 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1125125626026106116126136146226627121112 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 13486

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Thanks for posting. It should be obvious now why we are in waiting mode and will be for at least a year.

Interesting response from MB

"I'd wager less than a dozen or so schools actually leave D1 over this, at least in the immediate term."

Who were the last 10 or so schools to jump to D1? These would seem to be the most vulnerable in terms of dropping down to D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Rather than continuing to argue in circles, maybe someone wants to discuss a little bit of new news about what might come out of the DI transformational committee late this year or early next year. (note, everything in this post would apply to ALL DI, not just FBS)

From Matt Brown of Extra Points (posted to CSNBBS):

Topic: What will be the result of the Division 1 Transformation Committee (re: membership)?

Reply from MattBrownEP

https://csnbbs.com/thread-949656.html

https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP
    https://www.extrapointsmb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Hold on here, how can you possibly explain this? Claiming we don't sponsor the right sports but didn't bother to look up what we have?
    Right 'number' of sports..

I went to your athletic site and counted 14 but I see someone says you already do 16..

I stand corrected..

Think it has been stated that NDSU would only have to add sports to fix Title IX issues if we moved FBS. Unlike many FCS programs, all sports are fully funded scholarships as well if I recall correctly.

To sort of make the pro FBS argument. NDSU would only have to come up with $ to fund another sport or two and to fund coaching salaries for football to be "par" for FBS. Plus any additional travel expenses. Not to minimize this amount of $ needed to do all this but I can agree to NDSU at this point isn't too far off $ wise IMO. Can it be sustained year over year going into FBS and account for all the added expenses in the future? And losing perhaps some say over who televises our games yet making less money perhaps? I don't know, to me that isn't the hang-up at all though I'm sure they can get it figured out.

Geography is not our friend and is probably the biggest issue.

I really think your best bet is to pursue and affiliate football only membership somewhere..Geography would be no problem then. 4 home conference games, 4 road games. Not really much of a burden to any conference.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I really think your best bet is to pursue and affiliate football only membership somewhere..Geography would be no problem then. 4 home conference games, 4 road games. Not really much of a burden to any conference.
    Great. Name the conference that'll take a football affiliate. Hawaii and Navy are the only G5 affiliates now. Both are special.

Well, obviously the MW and the AAC are open to it..I don't think Hawaii is all that special. The MAC might take a long look at that..CUSA would do it..

The MW probably won't add anybody until the current tv deal runs out in 26..Even if they lose members in the interim.

The AAC is willing to add now

The MAC possibly could do it..

Conference CUSA would absolutely do it..They would probably do for SoDak ST. too..
    Last edited by MWC; 06-28-2022 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    There's a lot of truth to that, except, in the Wyoming (one school) model, it'd be the University of North Dakota (just like U of Wyo).
    It would have benefit North Dakota greatly to have one "major" university. It is what it is. Mistakes were made long ago that aren't gonna be rectified.
    College of Business Alumnus

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Well, obviously the MW and the AAC are open to it..I don't think Hawaii is all that special. The MAC might take a long look at that..CUSA would do it..

The MW probably won't add anybody until the current tv deal runs out in 26..Even if they lose members in the interim.

The AAC is willing to add now

The MAC possibly could do it..

Conference CUSA would absolutely do it..They would probably do for SoDak ST. too..
    AAC might be open to this, but I think they are done expanding for now. They are already looking at diluted earnings for their media contract for new members. I don't think they want to split the pie more ways until they can establish the new members.

MAC did this for a while with UMass, then kicked them out when they wouldn't join for all sports. I think an all sports bid is a much stronger possibility.

CUSA just got torn apart, and needs 8 full members to maintain FBS status. If they lose MTSU/WKU, that becomes in jeopardy.
    As it is, they need the new schools to successfully transition to keep their status.
    Supposedly UMass (who is desperate) talked to them about football only, but was turned down for now.

That leaves MWC, who I'm guessing also isn't looking to expand until they lose members.
    Football only is a much harder sell than all sports membership in many cases. Maybe MWC is different.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    It would have benefit North Dakota greatly to have one "major" university. It is what it is. Mistakes were made long ago that aren't gonna be rectified.
    might as well combine them now.
    NDSU gets football basketball teams
    und gets hockey

might as combine the 11 other nd colleges too
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    AAC might be open to this, but I think they are done expanding for now. They are already looking at diluted earnings for their media contract for new members. I don't think they want to split the pie more ways until they can establish the new members.

MAC did this for a while with UMass, then kicked them out when they wouldn't join for all sports. I think an all sports bid is a much stronger possibility.

CUSA just got torn apart, and needs 8 full members to maintain FBS status. If they lose MTSU/WKU, that becomes in jeopardy.
    As it is, they need the new schools to successfully transition to keep their status.
    Supposedly UMass (who is desperate) talked to them about football only, but was turned down for now.

That leaves MWC, who I'm guessing also isn't looking to expand until they lose members.
    Football only is a much harder sell than all sports membership in many cases. Maybe MWC is different.
    Unless they lose 4 members (which is very unlikely) I don't think the MW will add anybody.