Page 592 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 924925425825905915925935946026426921092 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Wow. You really are as bad as Lakes. Absolutely no possibility of saying UND's fees are comparable to NDSU's. None. Hockey tickets alone are almost the entire NDSU athletics fees for that semester.
    Sicatoka is trying to defend the undefendable.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Absolutely no possibility of saying UND's fees are comparable to NDSU's.
    Where'd I say 'comparable'?

What I did say was: Are UND student fees higher? Yes.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Where'd I say 'comparable'?

What I did say was: Are UND student fees higher? Yes.
    Are und professor's sexual preferences younger? Yes.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Interesting. The whole student section. There must be enough demand they can put a surcharge price on them above other fees.
    My best friend graduated from UND in 2014. If I remember right, if they got season tickets they ended up paying like $5/game back then. I think they got lower bowl tickets one night, then upper bowl the next. If the demand is there, I don't have a real problem with that. UND had 23 exhibition/regular season home games this year. For $166, that works out to like $7/game.
    College of Business Alumnus

The*Mountain*West*signed a six-year, $270 million national TV deal last time around.

Mountain West schools get $2.5 mil per team for Big Dance Money.

NDSU instantly adds $6-7 million joining day 1.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I am not sure about your numbers there.. CBS and Fox pay 45 million a year to the MW which is then distributed to the schools. The conference takes some to fund operations, Boise gets a larger share and Hawaii gets a smaller cut. There are 3rd tier tv rights available for games not picked up by CBS or Fox.

The basketball credits go to the conference who splits them evenly to the 11 basketball schools but the payout is over a 6 year period. That does tend to work out to 2.5 million total in a 1 bid league. The MW usually gets 2 in.

All of this doesn't add up to your 6-7 million per team per year assertion. The amount is less than you think..It is also no where near enough. Like all G5 conferences budgets are tight..

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I am not sure about your numbers there.. CBS and Fox pay 45 million a year to the MW which is then distributed to the schools. The conference takes some to fund operations, Boise gets a larger share and Hawaii gets a smaller cut. There are 3rd tier tv rights available for games not picked up by CBS or Fox.

The basketball credits go to the conference who splits them evenly to the 11 basketball schools but the payout is over a 6 year period. That does tend to work out to 2.5 million total in a 1 bid league. The MW usually gets 2 in.

All of this doesn't add up to your 6-7 million per team per year assertion. The amount is less than you think..It is also no where near enough. Like all G5 conferences budgets are tight..
    Yep, P5 is where the real money is. MWC though is probably one of the best in terms of G5 conference financials.

CUSA recently filed to seal court records regarding their financial settlement with the departing schools, on the basis it could irreparably harm them, and cause their new members not to join. It's rumored cusa financials are so bad member schools are going to have to pay in each year to keep the conference alive and pay debts, rather than receiving any payout. They have bupkiss for a television deal.

FBS is not an automatic financial win, and most bowl payouts are deceptive too, in terms of what the school takes home after expenses.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    The*Mountain*West*signed a six-year, $270 million national TV deal last time around.

The MWC basketball payout is about 200,000/school. So you know, you’re only off by a factor of 10.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

The MWC basketball payout is about 200,000/school. So you know, you’re only off by a factor of 10.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    You can say that again!
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.