Page 1115 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 11561510151065110511131114111511161117112511651215 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,150 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Do you still give the majority of the football gate to the foundation running the facility you play hockey in even after all these years?
    The fact that UND took on a wildly high interest loan from a nazi sympathizer in order to build a hockey stadium filled with racist innuendo has no bearing on this conversation about budget ethics. None at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Nobody is going to hang in there with 4 FCS schools coming on board either..
    You must’ve not heard about the strategy though. It’s the STRATEGY

Lmao
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Nobody is going to hang in there with 4 FCS schools coming on board either..
    Anything including Montana and Montana St isn’t happening. I’d be genuinely shocked if SDSUb goes when NDSU does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Pac will stay at the 10 they have now.

Maybe San Diego State goes to the Big 12 but that seems unlikely.

However, who knows.

As for your New MW. AFA would leave for the AAC, Hawaii would go independent, New Mexico would join with UTEP in CUSA, Utah State would likely go to CUSA as well. I don't know about San Jose State but Nevada could go AAC or just drop football and concentrate on basketball and baseball in the WCC.
    That won’t happen, no one is leaving that much cash and control on the table. The current tv deal goes to 2026, all that tv cash and exit fees will be taken by the original members. They just need to prevent the conference folding. Same reason the PAC won’t fold, the remnants will not be able to get a better deal elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Anything including Montana and Montana St isn’t happening. I’d be genuinely shocked if SDSUb goes when NDSU does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought about that too but moving to 10 teams by adding something like NDSU and NMSU seems dicey. You would need to keep Air Force after the 2026 TV deal ends and you have HI as football only.

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    That won’t happen, no one is leaving that much cash and control on the table. The current tv deal goes to 2026, all that tv cash and exit fees will be taken by the original members. They just need to prevent the conference folding. Same reason the PAC won’t fold, the remnants will not be able to get a better deal elsewhere.
    The current tv deal can be unilaterally ended by the providers should schools leave the MW and they will do just that.. With the lineup you are suggesting, the travel will be horrendous and there will be no future tv deal to cover any of the added expense. If the departing schools wish to leave, they can wait until 2026 and pay no exit fees..AFA will leave. Hawaii will go independent..I think NV and SJSU will drop football. UTEP will have zero interest in joining. New Mexico will definitely look east. Same with USU..

So your conference is Wyoming and 7 or 8 FCS schools..Why you would want any part of a gutted MW is perplexing to me.

The current tv deal can be unilaterally ended by the providers should schools leave the MW and they will do just that.. With the lineup you are suggesting, the travel will be horrendous and there will be no future tv deal to cover any of the added expense. If the departing schools wish to leave, they can wait until 2026 and pay no exit fees..AFA will leave. Hawaii will go independent..I think NV and SJSU will drop football. UTEP will have zero interest in joining. New Mexico will definitely look east. Same with USU..

So your conference is Wyoming and 7 or 8 FCS schools..Why you would want any part of a gutted MW is perplexing to me.
    Take a good long look at the existing summit and MVFC, and you will be no longer perplexed

Look man, shake things up a little or shake things up a lot, just shake us out of FCS and we’ll be happy
    *one day later*

TV will keep the deal for the original members for two years and scalp the new members to keep the time zone content. Future deals will be CUSA level. The part I think you are missing are the exit fees. If the raid happens this year the remaining members need to collect those fees. It could be worth more than their next contract but you still need a conference to collect the exit fees.

The MWC in all my scenarios require the PAC to move first via the 4 corner schools. It’s the only way I see NDSU moving up, but to your last question on why care? It’s FBS and even in the worst version of the MWC it would have better public peer institutions… not Murray St, UNI, SIU, YSU.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Subsidize? You mean like playing football in a city-owned facility? Guilty. As is NDSU.
    And a city loan that'll be paid back resulting in a facility that'll be used by UND, GF Schools, and GF Parks.

The gross athletic budgets are nearly identical over the last five years. UND has hockey which is claimed here as a pit. What pit is NDSU throwing money down? Could some be used better to get the red out of academics?
    The difference in the budgets is you guys take 10M out the institutional funds to balance your finances and we're half that.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    100 % agree on the MT schools. They've basically said this themselves, yet message-board people keep bringing them up for some reason
    Hope you are correct on the bunnies not holding us back