Page 1114 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 11461410141064110411121113111411151116112411641214 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,140 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    First sentence: Perfect summary.

Second sentence: Those student fees would go further if NDSU's enrollment looked more 2014 and less 2005. And when local news reports show NDSU students question why an ITF when there are program cuts, the environment doesn't appear friendly to athletics fees.*

*Yes, the targeted donations built that ITF; not all the students understand or care about that detail.
    https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/...nization-plan/ <- 1:06 mark
    You should be worrying about yourselves and not NDSU. UND athletic department is a money pit - having the taxpayers of GF subsidizing it and the city loaning money to it. You guys are just worried about being left behind again when we jump to FBS.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    You should be worrying about yourselves and not NDSU. UND athletic department is a money pit - having the taxpayers of GF subsidizing it and the city loaning money to it. You guys are just worried about being left behind again when we jump to FBS.
    Subsidize? You mean like playing football in a city-owned facility? Guilty. As is NDSU.
    And a city loan that'll be paid back resulting in a facility that'll be used by UND, GF Schools, and GF Parks.

The gross athletic budgets are nearly identical over the last five years. UND has hockey which is claimed here as a pit. What pit is NDSU throwing money down? Could some be used better to get the red out of academics?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

President Bresciani was tone deaf on a lot of items and didn't do much over his tenure to move the University forward. The current budget predicament was created under his leadership. I'm not sure I would use his opinion on this matter as a bellwether for the future. He didn't do anything terribly negative but he sure as hell wasn't someone that I would label as "visionary". So forgive me if I don't put much stock in that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    President Bresciani was tone deaf on a lot of items and didn't do much over his tenure to move the University forward. The current budget predicament was created under his leadership. I'm not sure I would use his opinion on this matter as a bellwether for the future. He didn't do anything terribly negative but he sure as hell wasn't someone that I would label as "visionary". So forgive me if I don't put much stock in that opinion.
    But NDSU92 told me about this huge capital campaign during his tenure ...

Was he the best NDSU's had? Maybe not even top three, but he could get the donor bucks, so I'd say he knows donor bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    How about this for a conference?

Washington State
    Oregon State
    Boise State
    Montana
    Montana State
    Wyoming
    NDSU
    SDSU
    Colorado State

And fill in with 1-3 of the following:
    UND
    USD
    Northern Colorado
    Idaho
    Idaho State
    Portland State

If the PAC12 gets raided it could mean a huge shake up in the landscape of things.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I think the remaining PAC schools pick off the best of the MWC before that happens.

All the bad things will happen to the new schools in this round of expansion too; no exit fee participation, entrance fee, uneven revenue distribution. They will all say yes to move up a tier, including NDSU.

New PAC10: Stanford, Cal, WSU, OSU, Boise, SDSUr, SMU, CSU, Fresno, UNLV (Maybe Rice and Tulane if you want 12)

New MWC: Air Force, Wyoming, NDSU, SDSUb, New Mexico, UTEP, Hawaii, USU, Nevada, SJSU, Montana, Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    I think the remaining PAC schools pick off the best of the MWC before that happens.

All the bad things will happen to the new schools in this round of expansion too; no exit fee participation, entrance fee, uneven revenue distribution. They will all say yes to move up a tier, including NDSU.

New PAC10: Stanford, Cal, WSU, OSU, Boise, SDSUr, SMU, CSU, Fresno, UNLV (Maybe Rice and Tulane if you want 12)

New MWC: Air Force, Wyoming, NDSU, SDSUb, New Mexico, UTEP, Hawaii, USU, Nevada, SJSU, Montana, Montana State
    And thus “SDSUb” was born.

Do I give up my campaign to start calling them “Those Fucks”…?

…Time will tell…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Subsidize? You mean like playing football in a city-owned facility? Guilty. As is NDSU.
    And a city loan that'll be paid back resulting in a facility that'll be used by UND, GF Schools, and GF Parks.

The gross athletic budgets are nearly identical over the last five years. UND has hockey which is claimed here as a pit. What pit is NDSU throwing money down? Could some be used better to get the red out of academics?
    Do you still give the majority of the football gate to the foundation running the facility you play hockey in even after all these years?

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post

I think the Pac will stay at the 10 they have now.

Maybe San Diego State goes to the Big 12 but that seems unlikely.

However, who knows.

As for your New MW. AFA would leave for the AAC, Hawaii would go independent, New Mexico would join with UTEP in CUSA, Utah State would likely go to CUSA as well. I don't know about San Jose State but Nevada could go AAC or just drop football and concentrate on basketball and baseball in the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I think the Pac will stay at the 10 they have now.

Maybe San Diego State goes to the Big 12 but that seems unlikely.

However, who knows.

As for your New MW. AFA would leave for the AAC, Hawaii would go independent, New Mexico would join with UTEP in CUSA, Utah State would likely go to CUSA as well. I don't know about San Jose State but Nevada could go AAC or just drop football and concentrate on basketball and baseball in the WCC.
    No one is going CUSA by choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody is going to hang in there with 4 FCS schools coming on board either..