Page 1111 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 11161110111061110111091110111111121113112111611211 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,110 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Include UND and USD to go the Sun Belt route, or go without to go the CUSA route. How has the strategy of each conference worked out over the last decade or so? There's something to be said for conferences that have tighter geographic footprints and rivalries. Kind of a stretch to say UND brings nothing to the table when you look at the current options..
    USD and UND can’t afford FBS and don’t have high enough attendance. NDSU and SDSU wont take them with to the FBS just because they are Dakota schools, the Dakota schools are only a package for FCS. Maybe the big Sky will take you two when you are left behind?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Very true statement. They would have to expand beyond their current members. They are at 12 so if the G5 expand to larger numbers like P5 it's possible.

With the NDSU legacy and recruiting into G5 rather than FCS, I like their chances better than UND in the Big Sky. But there is still a huge risk. Same with going to a conference like C-USA or AAC or Sun Belt. I like the Bison's chances to be successful if the opportunity presents itself. But someone has to invite them. The only real negative for other conferences is geography, but eventually a conference will weigh all the other benefits and determine NDSU is a good fit. Or the entire college division/conference landscape will be blown up. The Bison are in good shape to be a viable option to someone. As I've taught my kids, control what you can control and be grateful for what you have. I'll enjoy a very competitive FCS team as long as it continues. I guess that makes me weird.
    Bohl had to change the way he recruited a little bit when he went out west. He still recruits a lot of the same territory as NDSU. Not as many Ill or WI kids, but more TX. The AAC or the MAC would be easier for NDSU to recruit than going out west

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    We may never make the CFP playoffs as a member of the MWC, and we may never get a NY6 bowl game. Will our fans be ok with a MWC championship and a random bowl game? I hope so because that is what G5 teams do now. Not many fan bases are used to this much winning and championships!
    why would NDSU fanbase expect any less than success?? and futhermore like I've said over and over again.. DAY 1 that NDSU is FBS, we absolutely crush it on Recruiting. NDSU can steal all the FCS regional transfers we want and compete with recruits easily with Wisc/Minn/Iowa/Iowa State
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I guess that makes me weird.
    No, there is a long list of other things that make you weird.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    NDSU does not need to invest even less than it already does in athletics. ...

My understanding is that NDSU’s problem is academic programs that are not self-sustaining.
    Few if any academic programs are self-sustaining. That's why there are donors and support for universities, chairs, programs, scholarships.

You just pointed out NDSU's preferred investments are athletics over academics as you state NDSU "does not need to invest even less" in athletics while acknowledging academic shortfalls, red ink. You're prioritizing investing in athletics while acknowledging academics are suffering. Priorities I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    why would NDSU fanbase expect any less than success?? and futhermore like I've said over and over again.. DAY 1 that NDSU is FBS, we absolutely crush it on Recruiting. NDSU can steal all the FCS regional transfers we want and compete with recruits easily with Wisc/Minn/Iowa/Iowa State
    The likelihood of competing "easily" with the B1G/Big 12 schools is slim/none. Could get a few more H2H recruiting wins by don't kid yourself into thinking there's gonna be kids with MN, WI, IA offers tripping over each other to go to NDSU.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The likelihood of competing "easily" with the B1G/Big 12 schools is slim/none. Could get a few more H2H recruiting wins by don't kid yourself into thinking there's gonna be kids with MN, WI, IA offers tripping over each other to go to NDSU.
    Why would ndsu recruit uncoordinated kids?

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    No, there is a long list of other things that make you weird.
    You don't even know half of them

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Why would ndsu recruit uncoordinated kids?
    New recruiting technique... TR has a power run up the middle with that type of athlete
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Few if any academic programs are self-sustaining. That's why there are donors and support for universities, chairs, programs, scholarships.

You just pointed out NDSU's preferred investments are athletics over academics as you state NDSU "does not need to invest even less" in athletics while acknowledging academic shortfalls, red ink. You're prioritizing investing in athletics while acknowledging academics are suffering. Priorities I guess.
    The ratio of institutional funds NDSU spends on athletics compared to academics is among the lowest in the country and is considerably lower than the institution you support. You seem either unable to grasp this concept (among other basic budget management concepts) or are willingly playing dumb. There is no point in continuing this conversation lol.

Have fun in FCS, maybe like D2 yall will be able to find a good niche after we leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*