Page 1110 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 11061010101060110011081109111011111112112011601210 ... LastLast
Results 11,091 to 11,100 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Not what I said. You're twisting.

NDSU needs to pay as much attention to academics as football. And fiscally it is not (see: needed bailout).
    NDSU does not need to invest even less than it already does in athletics. It is already the lowest in the country for non-P5 as far as public institutions go by data I’ve seen and that is going on a decade. You’re talking about taking revenue money away from a self-reliant football program to handle academic problems. How is that twisting?

My understanding is that NDSU’s problem is academic programs that are not self-sustaining. Underinvesting in other areas to cover a loss somewhere does not fix that problem. Restructuring and right-sizing programs, however painful, is the way to move forward and it appears that is the way that is being handled.

None of this, by the way has anything to do with my point that UND is nowhere near FBS ready with a smaller non-hockies athletic budget than NDSU and a poor man’s kibbie dome for a football stadium. Unfortunately so, any FBS conference without UND is doomed to be the next CUSA. What a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Include UND and USD to go the Sun Belt route, or go without to go the CUSA route. How has the strategy of each conference worked out over the last decade or so? There's something to be said for conferences that have tighter geographic footprints and rivalries. Kind of a stretch to say UND brings nothing to the table when you look at the current options..
    Ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa aaaah… ah… ah…

*quiet laugher*

*deeeeeep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…

…ahhhhhh…

Man… I needed that. Thank you.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Include UND and USD to go the Sun Belt route, or go without to go the CUSA route. How has the strategy of each conference worked out over the last decade or so? There's something to be said for conferences that have tighter geographic footprints and rivalries. Kind of a stretch to say UND brings nothing to the table when you look at the current options..
    LOL, have you even casually glanced at those geographic footprints?

USD/UND will bridge us all the way to SBC/CUSA?

Take the two most unlikely conferences to add us, and add the two most unlikely Dakota schools to go FBS.
    Yeah, thats a Billion to 1 scenario right there. The Tommies will be FBS before UND is.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    As I mentioned before, it is entirely possible the next MW deal might be all streaming. If that is the case, the games can be played at 1PM on Saturdays..
    Speculation, or there are active MWC discussions on this approach at AD level?
    I like this idea, if they can get a premium provider to step up with money and promotion.

Just please, not anything like Flo Sports or Facebook. Needs to be a real player like ESPN/Amazon/Apple.

Some speculation, some rumblings..I think what happens with the Pac 12 will determine future actions..None of the traditional providers pay much now and seem unlikely to throw around more dollars in the next round of negotiations..In almost every case, the tv deal currently in place represents less than 10 percent of the total revenue produced by the athletics. I don't think streamers will pay much more but the increased live gate may make up the difference a bit..

Nobody in the MW is getting rich..

Because of the late start times now, few people east of the Rockies watch the MW, anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    LOL, have you even casually glanced at those geographic footprints?

USD/UND will bridge us all the way to SBC/CUSA?

Take the two most unlikely conferences to add us, and add the two most unlikely Dakota schools to go FBS.
    Yeah, thats a Billion to 1 scenario right there. The Tommies will be FBS before UND is.
    Reading comprehension. Key word is strategy.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I just don’t see the MAC offering us anytime soon. The MAC seems super stable right now, I don’t see them losing schools to any conference. Either way, anything not CUSA is an automatic yes from me.
    Very true statement. They would have to expand beyond their current members. They are at 12 so if the G5 expand to larger numbers like P5 it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    For selfish reasons, I'd love the Bison in the MWC given the easy flights and potentially some road trips to away games for me.

That said, I don't think this recruiting thing can be overstated. They'd need to establish all new recruiting ties and that, along with the challenge of the time zones/game times that would be different than most of the conference, will be a challenge. I guess the key will be to find some way to maintain that great midwest pipeline while expanding westward.
    With the NDSU legacy and recruiting into G5 rather than FCS, I like their chances better than UND in the Big Sky. But there is still a huge risk. Same with going to a conference like C-USA or AAC or Sun Belt. I like the Bison's chances to be successful if the opportunity presents itself. But someone has to invite them. The only real negative for other conferences is geography, but eventually a conference will weigh all the other benefits and determine NDSU is a good fit. Or the entire college division/conference landscape will be blown up. The Bison are in good shape to be a viable option to someone. As I've taught my kids, control what you can control and be grateful for what you have. I'll enjoy a very competitive FCS team as long as it continues. I guess that makes me weird.

As I've taught my kids, control what you can control and be grateful for what you have. I'll enjoy a very competitive FCS team as long as it continues. I guess that makes me weird.
    Not at all. As much as I would like to see us matching up against teams like Boise St and Wyoming, also appreciate what we have now.
    Every trip to Frisco is an opportunity most teams never see. Every Championship we can win counts, and makes the legacy that much bigger.

Some people seem to think we will easily dominate the next level and be in the playoffs every year. It is likely we wouldn't see a playoff game in FBS more than once a decade, while playing in a G5 conference. Even this is not guaranteed. The regular season in a conference like MWC would be great, but the postseason would often consist of playing another G5 school in a random, non-playoff bowl. That is considered success for almost everyone in G5. Every year, our best coaches and players would be chased by schools higher on the pyramid. Win a conference title, and prepare to rebuild the next year.

FBS reality may shock some of our fans. We've become very spoiled with success.

Not at all. As much as I would like to see us matching up against teams like Boise St and Wyoming, also appreciate what we have now.
    Every trip to Frisco is an opportunity most teams never see. Every Championship we can win counts, and makes the legacy that much bigger.

Some people seem to think we will easily dominate the next level and be in the playoffs every year. It is likely we wouldn't see a playoff game in FBS more than once a decade, while playing in a G5 conference. Even this is not guaranteed. The regular season in a conference like MWC would be great, but the postseason would often consist of playing another G5 school in a random, non-playoff bowl. That is considered success for almost everyone in G5. Every year, our best coaches and players would be chased by schools higher on the pyramid. Win a conference title, and prepare to rebuild the next year.

We may never make the CFP playoffs as a member of the MWC, and we may never get a NY6 bowl game. Will our fans be ok with a MWC championship and a random bowl game? I hope so because that is what G5 teams do now. Not many fan bases are used to this much winning and championships!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would be OK with that, too. My sons have gone to Ball State, Arizona State, and Western Michigan. I've been to football games at each and had fun. MAC is pretty good football. Your expectations are different and success is defined a little differently, but I fully expect the Bison will be competitive when they get the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk