Page 1107 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 10760710071057109711051106110711081109111711571207 ... LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,070 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    I mean, you're the one that replied to a comment about that specific schedule.

Do you think in this hypothetical scenario that NDSU would be setting their start times or the conference/media partners? And if its the latter, where do you think they decide is the best time slot for those games? What is more convenient for NDSU? Or what fills the timeslot they think is most appropriate for the week?
    Lol are you dumb or just an ass? I have been very clear about what I’ve said. I don’t care that somewhere in the previous post there was a link to SDSU’s schedule. I haven’t mentioned SDSU once except to point out that it’s not the best comparison, in which I offered two comparisons which are geographically closer.

The games that get put on TV get decided by the media organization. Those that don’t are not. I thought I covered that in my original post on this subject. As usual when you post, everything in between this post and that has been you trying to twist words and move goalposts.

I don’t think that if NDSU went to the mountain west we’d be playing “8 of 9 announced times” after 8pm. 4 non-con games which will be the decision of the home team, and 2-3 each of 230, 6 and after 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I see a lot of truth in this. I remember talking with an NDSU administrator about the time of the FCS transition. They shared the preference was definitely Summit/MVFC over Big Sky but would accept either. The reason was the recruiting footprint and alumni footprint was much better that way. They may have been just as successful going the Big Sky route, but it would have required establishing a new recruiting footprint with most of their games going a different direction. It may not affect the Minnesota and Omaha recruits, but Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois becomes much tougher. You would need to establish more connections with schools in Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.

Similar factors would exist in the MAC/MWC discussion. I think both would be good options and NDSU could be successful in either. But if both options are offered at the same time, I expect they would pick MAC. But I don't expect they would turn down the MWC if it was offered.
    I just don’t see the MAC offering us anytime soon. The MAC seems super stable right now, I don’t see them losing schools to any conference. Either way, anything not CUSA is an automatic yes from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    let's gooooo
    Wyoming, Utah St, Montana, Montana St. New Mexico, Nevada, UNLV, Fresno, San Jose St

Question is who gets picked up by the PAC or do the dissolve and leave Washington st. And Oregon St

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Is a gutted MWC all that attractive to NDSU ?
    Yes it is still a step up in competition with peer institutions

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The MVFC became what it has become because NDSU and SDSU willed it into being. Take the XDSU’s and put them in the Big Sky and think of the monster that conference would be in comparison to the MVFC.

If the MW gets gutted, then I may switch my desire to the MAC, but until then I’ll stay with the MW. Western flagship land grant institutions. Just like it was always meant to be.

All said, I’ll take any FBS invite out there…
    The Big Sky is probably on the Dakota 4 radar if the summit collapses…

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    In a weird way, a slow burndown of the PAC 10 might be better for NDSU.

If OU and UW renew for a short contract to manage their transition, but the 4 Corners schools exit, the conference might not collapse.

PAC 10 replaces the 4 Corners with SDSU and SMU then two of Fresno | Boise | CSU | UNLV. Then when OU and UW exit, the PAC could pick up the last two. The advantage is that the OGs (Stanford, WSU, OSU, Cal) would pick up the exit fees and control the conference, rather than going independent or going into the MWC.

The OGs in the MWC would get the same benefit on exit fees. Not sure who the MWC would add but you would think the FCS would need to be in play because NMSU and UTEP would be the only FBS schools in the footprint.
    You are assuming Stanford and Cal will want to stay with the lowlifes of the bottom PAC and MWC teams. I don’t see them staying in a gutted PAC.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I see a lot of truth in this. I remember talking with an NDSU administrator about the time of the FCS transition. They shared the preference was definitely Summit/MVFC over Big Sky but would accept either. The reason was the recruiting footprint and alumni footprint was much better that way. They may have been just as successful going the Big Sky route, but it would have required establishing a new recruiting footprint with most of their games going a different direction. It may not affect the Minnesota and Omaha recruits, but Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois becomes much tougher. You would need to establish more connections with schools in Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.

Similar factors would exist in the MAC/MWC discussion. I think both would be good options and NDSU could be successful in either. But if both options are offered at the same time, I expect they would pick MAC. But I don't expect they would turn down the MWC if it was offered.
    For selfish reasons, I'd love the Bison in the MWC given the easy flights and potentially some road trips to away games for me.

That said, I don't think this recruiting thing can be overstated. They'd need to establish all new recruiting ties and that, along with the challenge of the time zones/game times that would be different than most of the conference, will be a challenge. I guess the key will be to find some way to maintain that great midwest pipeline while expanding westward.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Yes it is still a step up in competition with peer institutions
    It is that.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    It is that.
    and a CHANCE AT A SPOT IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF!!! WHY ISN"T EVERYONE SCREAMING THAT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!

MY GAWD WE NEED TO BE FBS By 2025!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

A gutted MW gives you zero chance at the playoffs..