Page 1104 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 10460410041054109411021103110411051106111411541204 ... LastLast
Results 11,031 to 11,040 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    As the conferences currently sit? Mountain west x 1,000,000

Even if the mountain west loses up to four teams I like that better than the MAC. And that’s before even taking the MACtion Tuesday games into account
    From an opponent standpoint, totally agree.

If being honest, probably I watch more games at home on Fox though at 10pm.
    Suspect I wouldn't be the only one.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Stony brook is on eastern time. That's like way past his bedtime eh.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

His mama don't let him do anything past 2:30 pm central time or little Matty gets cranky eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    From an opponent standpoint, totally agree.

If being honest, probably I watch more games at home on Fox though at 10pm.
    Suspect I wouldn't be the only one.
    Not sure what you mean. You mean vs going to the actual home games?

The Mountain West wouldn't force NDSU into having 10pm home games. Road games are a different story though.
    Last edited by NDSU92; 06-05-2023 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

AAC is my dream (some of it selfishly due to where I reside) but the MWC would be awesome.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Not sure what you mean. You mean vs going to the actual home games?

The Mountain West wouldn't force NDSU into having 10pm home games. Road games are a different story though.
    Hope you are right.

I was reading earlier comments from the MWC poster as Fox/CBS were setting the kickoff times at 10pm based on their media airtime slots. PAC games are often used to fill the late night slots, and it seems maybe the same with the MWC media deal.

Kickoff times are often set by the media in FBS conferences. It's also why some of them have midweek games. The media companies paying the bills get a whole lot of scheduling power, though some of the parameters are set up front when the deal is made. This is also why in some respects a streaming deal could be advantageous, IF the payout was equal or better.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Hope you are right.

I was reading earlier comments from the MWC poster as Fox/CBS were setting the kickoff times at 10pm based on their media airtime slots. PAC games are often used to fill the late night slots, and it seems maybe the same with the MWC media deal.

Kickoff times are often set by the media in FBS conferences. It's also why some of them have midweek games. The media companies paying the bills get a whole lot of scheduling power, though some of the parameters are set up front when the deal is made. This is also why in some respects a streaming deal could be advantageous, IF the payout was equal or better.
    You're correct. But if you're telling me I have to pick between MACtion tuesday night against Western Michigan or a Mountain West conference game that CBS wants at 10pm...

P.S. I don't think a MAC regular season game has been on network TV on a saturday as long as I've been alive so there's that too
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

You're correct. But if you're telling me I have to pick between MACtion tuesday night against Western Michigan or a Mountain West conference game that CBS wants at 10pm...

P.S. I don't think a MAC regular season game has been on network TV on a saturday as long as I've been alive so there's that too
    The MAC schedule isn't that horrible when you look and compare it to other G5 conferences.
    The typical MAC school is seeing on average two midweek games in November, maybe one home and one away.

https://fbschedules.com/2023-ball-st...ball-schedule/

I like MWC a ton for the competition and teams in the league. Don't think I would make quite as many games in person though.

Just looked, it seems like majority of MWC games kickoff between 6:00-9:30pm central.
    https://fbschedules.com/2023-san-die...ball-schedule/

Would still enjoy the heck out of watching it on television.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 06-06-2023 at 03:10 AM.

If the PAC10 gets robbed by the rest of the P5 then the MWC is next. They will need to fill some big holes and will be our best shot at FBS

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    If the PAC10 gets robbed by the rest of the P5 then the MWC is next. They will need to fill some big holes and will be our best shot at FBS
    let's gooooo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?