Page 387 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487887 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

The budget argument is a weak one in my opinion. What was our budget in DII compared to today?

I'm ready to pay my share for FBS.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    That isn't true. I'm not sure where including all of ND TV market places it, but bismarck and fargo combined would be larger than a lot of p5 areas today. Alone they are both in top 150 markets. Then you look at this as captive of a tv market as you could get. The only fbs school in the state with a tv market well into top 100 is marketable and creates some leverage.

For most of the last decade, the Bison have been the darlings of espn. Let's use them. Espn positions itself to be king makers, it is time to leverage this into a move. Where do they want ndsu? The giant killer joins the giants. This needs to be attacked from every angle.

With absolutely nothing more than just showing up and using the extra full scholarships, ndsu is competitive in all g5 conferences. They are competitive day one in a couple of the p5 conferences. In football, at its peak, this has been a top 20 program in all of d1. At its worse, which is pretty much right now, they are still ahead of a lot of p5 programs. Competitiveness adds a little bit of leverage. It strengthens a conference on the first day. If eventual playoff expansion happens, this benefits everyone.

Sure NDSU can't call up and say take us and our billion dollar endowment but then only Texas can say that. Otherwise, there are other benefits NDSU can play on to create a small bidding war between conferences. Maybe that positions the Bison into the best g5 scenario without a tv contract waiting period. To say they have no leverage isn't true either.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...82#post1510782
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Researched the Iowa game yesterday, that Bison defense and O-Line played at another level compared to what I've seen the past few years.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

another pud stadium with pud fans and pud broadcast and 35-0

NDSU is 138-11 now. think about that
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

That isn't true. I'm not sure where including all of ND TV market places it, but bismarck and fargo combined would be larger than a lot of p5 areas today. Alone they are both in top 150 markets. Then you look at this as captive of a tv market as you could get. The only fbs school in the state with a tv market well into top 100 is marketable and creates some leverage.

For most of the last decade, the Bison have been the darlings of espn. Let's use them. Espn positions itself to be king makers, it is time to leverage this into a move. Where do they want ndsu? The giant killer joins the giants. This needs to be attacked from every angle.

With absolutely nothing more than just showing up and using the extra full scholarships, ndsu is competitive in all g5 conferences. They are competitive day one in a couple of the p5 conferences. In football, at its peak, this has been a top 20 program in all of d1. At its worse, which is pretty much right now, they are still ahead of a lot of p5 programs. Competitiveness adds a little bit of leverage. It strengthens a conference on the first day. If eventual playoff expansion happens, this benefits everyone.

Sure NDSU can't call up and say take us and our billion dollar endowment but then only Texas can say that. Otherwise, there are other benefits NDSU can play on to create a small bidding war between conferences. Maybe that positions the Bison into the best g5 scenario without a tv contract waiting period. To say they have no leverage isn't true either.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    If NDSU had leverage from being in a top media market wouldn’t our current media contract be worth a ton of $$$$$ already? To say NDSU is comparable at all media market size to P5 teams is honestly laughable. Being a top 150 media market is not impressive…….. A person has to do the math to see if NDSU is worth the 7 million dollar MWC payout? If so we should be seeing a conference invite, conferences do not just hand out money for nothing.

What was our WDAY contract worth?

That isn't true. I'm not sure where including all of ND TV market places it, but bismarck and fargo combined would be larger than a lot of p5 areas today.
    This might be a #1 seed in the Bisonville preposterous statement tourney.

You can cherry pick some arbitrary X mile radius between a P5 school and the surrounding population to try to make Fargo/NDSU seem comparable but in reality it's nowhere near any P5 school. Go ahead and name one... I guarantee you I could find a TV market at least 4 times the size of the entire state of ND that is considered the prime market for any P5 school.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This might be a #1 seed in the Bisonville preposterous statement tourney.

You can cherry pick some arbitrary X mile radius between a P5 school and the surrounding population to try to make Fargo/NDSU seem comparable but in reality it's nowhere near any P5 school. Go ahead and name one... I guarantee you I could find a TV market at least 4 times the size of the entire state of ND that is considered the prime market for any P5 school.
    Fargo is #122 Bismarck #149

combined 500,000 pop.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

combined 500,000 pop.
    You're being very (very!) generous with the metro radius of those two to get to 500k. So tell me what P5 team it's comparable with??? I'm not trying to say NDSU isn't comparable with a lot of G5 schools (because it is) but to make the case that NDSU is a P5 level TV market, no matter what the radius, is just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

combined 500,000 pop.
    A simple search shows 2021 number

FARGO - 262,440 households; #114
    Minot-Bismarck-Dickinson-Williston - 171,030; #141

Combine them and they would be - 433,470 which would put it at #74

#113 Eugene OR
    #115 Lansing MI

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...aGPYI5rQ-Nlwi7
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You're being very (very!) generous with the metro radius of those two to get to 500k. So tell me what P5 team it's comparable with??? I'm not trying to say NDSU isn't comparable with a lot of G5 schools (because it is) but to make the case that NDSU is a P5 level TV market, no matter what the radius, is just ludicrous.
    Lakes has never fabricated any numbers in his life. How dare you have the audacity to question this