Page 383 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483883 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 13487

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...college-sports

"The Knight Commission also presented to the constitutional committee its proposal for a new governing entity for the sport of FBS football, one separate from the NCAA."

Working with the NCAA-reform committee it appears.

So I guess the $20M question becomes (per Bruin's post the other say): how many current G5 FB programs would bolt back to FCS if FBS became formally unaffiliated with the NCAA? P5 will piss and moan but at the end of they day they will follow the $$ and leave.

Then there's this: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...n-realignment/

Dodd claiming AAC will poach MWC bigtime ....
    The AAC poaching 3-4 teams from the MWC would be the most likely path for NDSU to get a MWC invite. They may be able to bring SDSU with them for a travel partner. Montana, Montana St, Weber St would have to battle it out for the remaining spots….

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Travis Beck vs Dallas Goedert in a bar fight. pick your fighter.

I think we did alright

Recruiting would BOOM if NDSU went FBS. pulling Minn/Wisc top 10 kids & reaching into Arizona/Texas/Florida more
    What G5 teams is NDSU going steal recruits from to out compete them in Florida/TX/AZ? NDSU gets the top recruits already in MN and WI that UM and UW don’t already get. NDSU isn’t going to steal recruits from the Big 10 anymore than we do already….

Recruiting would BOOM if NDSU went FBS. pulling Minn/Wisc top 10 kids & reaching into Arizona/Texas/Florida more
    Most Top 10 Minnesota & Wisconsin prospects go P5

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    The AAC poaching 3-4 teams from the MWC would be the most likely path for NDSU to get a MWC invite. They may be able to bring SDSU with them for a travel partner. Montana, Montana St, Weber St would have to battle it out for the remaining spots….
    That Dodd article is quite interesting!
    Quite a strategy, if it comes to pass, to try and
    poach the Mountain West before the Big 12 can……

Does the Big 12 accelerate their timetable to get at least 2 of them?

Now would Montana & Montana State be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...college-sports

"The Knight Commission also presented to the constitutional committee its proposal for a new governing entity for the sport of FBS football, one separate from the NCAA."

Working with the NCAA-reform committee it appears.

So I guess the $20M question becomes (per Bruin's post the other say): how many current G5 FB programs would bolt back to FCS if FBS became formally unaffiliated with the NCAA? P5 will piss and moan but at the end of they day they will follow the $$ and leave.

Then there's this: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...n-realignment/

Dodd claiming AAC will poach MWC bigtime ....
    I do not understand why anyone is interested in the University of Tulsa. They have 3,000 undergrad students.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    That Dodd article is quite interesting!
    Quite a strategy, if it comes to pass, to try and
    poach the Mountain West before the Big 12 can……

Does the Big 12 accelerate their timetable to get at least 2 of them?

Now would Montana & Montana State be interested?
    I don’t see any Big Sky teams turning down a MWC invite unless you are EWU. Does the Big 12 want any of those MWC teams outside of Air Force, Boise or Colorado State? Not sure any of the other teams bring enough to the B12. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens!

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    No, they're going to make the top years even more special. Why don't we just move down to D2? We could win every championship every year no problem. Then we could really call ourselves the best team in the country.
    Sarcastic or not, this is not true. The same quality level of recruits would certainly not choose NDSU. That said, I am dubious that FBS designation gets any better recruits than today. Kids want to play for winners, not perennial 7-5 wannabes. Even so, I am in favor of going FBS despite the likelihood of a Crap Bowl purgatory most years. Recruiting would have to substantially improve to prevent that scenario.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I do not understand why anyone is interested in the University of Tulsa. They have 3,000 undergrad students.
    The city of Tulsa barely cares about U of Tulsa, but they have over $1B in their endowment fund which is pretty rich for many universities much less a 3200 student university. Money is the only reason any D1 conference pays any attention to them.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...mpression=true

if AAC takes 4 MWC teams
    .. then all hell breaks loose
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...mpression=true

if AAC takes 4 MWC teams
    .. then all hell breaks loose
    No mention of FBS expanding to invite more FCS teams. It appears to just be reshuffling the current conferences around.

I'm a little surprised that there is no mention of the Montana and Dakota schools. We must all be signaling a desire to remain FCS.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.