Page 251 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1512012412492502512522532613013517511251 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    As a fan of NDSU basketball, I am all for letting conference champions into the post-season playoffs, even if they don't have a chance to win the title.
    I agree with this. If they aren't eligible for getting into the post-season, what are they playing for? Participation trophy? Fan entertainment?

There has to be a goal for competition for thrive, and that goal is winning a national championship, or at least the chance to compete for it.

NDSU has a snowball's chance in hell to win March Madness. But that has never stopped the fans, team, cheer team, pep band, or Athletic Department, from trying and or cheering the entire way up to elimination. Look at the selection show parties we've had in the last decade, people show up and cheer loudly when we draw the team who will probably eliminate us within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    But are those G5 schools in your area successful? I think we would sustain fan interest in the G5 much like Boise or Appalachian State. And I sincerely think we would be a really good team year in and year out. By the way, I’m not trying to be argumentative. I think you have a very good point about fan support in many G5 schools. Even in some power five schools, it’s a problem. But it tends not to be a problem at successful FBS schools, while at the FCS level, even successful schools garner little interest, with 2 or 3 schools being the exception.
    Since Fisher DeBerry took over in 1983, USAFA has been fairly successful. Usually competes well with Boise State (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...p_id=air-force). However, they along with Colorado State, Wyoming and the two New Mexico schools, get little fanfare in this part of the Rocky Mountains. G5 is nothing but college football purgatory. Anyone wishing to be at this level has no idea how terrible of a place it is to be. The grass is pretty brown on this side.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Charlotte is excited for Bahamas Bowl!
    https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/st...247920640?s=09
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Charlotte is excited for Bahamas Bowl!
    https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/st...247920640?s=09
    How are we supposed to get the tailgating rigs to the Bahamas? Does the Frisco Cruiser have pontoons?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Do you want NDSU to go FBS???

First step towards that is completing the IPF. Currently there's a fund raiser going on for Giving Day called the Armbrust Family Challenge where if 100 people donate towards the IPF (minimum is $25) they will donate $50,000 towards the project. Currently they need 33 more donors. Great opportunity to support an imitative that is crucial towards any FBS move.

NDSU 2.0 is off to Arizona Bowl

NDSU 3.0 is off to Liberty Bowl

You can't tell me NDSU couldn't be right there with those 2!!!

Boise St is at the Las Vegas Bowl.

Just got off the phone with my son who went to school at Wyoming. I had to sit and listen to him yap about the Arizona Bowl. He asked if the wife and I were going to it. I said, "Why would I want to go to some minor junk Bowl game?." At which point he became rather indignant and started to sound like some of the arguments (albeit good natured) I have had with Sam! Honestly, I preffer all these playoff games and the title game in Frisco to the No Name Bowl tha Wyoming is playing in. I am sure that this playoff schedule is a hell of a lot rougher on the players, especially going all the way to the Championship every year, but for the fans, it is one hell of a kick!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's your participation trophy FBS.

Well, most of the FBS. Well, those good enough to win 6 games and get a bowl invite. Well, actually everyone except the 4 in the "playoffs". Well, actually its more of a playoff, rather then playoffS.

I've been singing this tune for 4-5 years now.
    NDSU shouldve took the momentum built up after Carson Wentz and 4-5 titles and put up a full out blitz on a FBS conference

I'm trying to keep this FBS chatter to this thread, I truly am, but the Bison Fatique thread brings up good points that we all were warned about

the new car smell wearing off, etc. Klieman & Bohl both mentioned the plateau. here we are. what can we do now?

our fanbase is becoming disinterested, theyve seen this rerun many times, I am saddened to hear that the admin hasnt heeded the warnings 3-4 years ago being sent out.

and dont move the goalposts and say. "G5 is losing attendence, bla bla" this is NDSU. we need someone with vision and the stones to motivate our fanbase.

we need to band together and quite the arguing & figure out the best path forward.
    complacency is a killer

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we by chance beat Oregon next season there is nothing that anyone would say to me that would convince me that we don't belong in FBS. Nothing. You beat a team like #13 Iowa by out Iowaing Iowa and beat a probable top 10 in Oregon with as much of a brand Oregon has along with resources and money, facilities and prestige, I would be absolutely pissed if the NDSU administration doesn't hold a meeting with Matt Larson slapping down some papers on the table in front of everyone involved with FBS on the top one with a big ? and his opening line is "How do we make this happen?"

Sadly it will be closed door and nobody will know about it. I guess I'll be running around like a little girl bragging how NDSU beat Oregon.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS