Page 561 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 614615115515595605615625635716116611061 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I just want to make sure that all the "wait-for-split" and "FCS-is-going-to-merge-with-the-G5" people understand that they are waiting for something that will never, ever happen. One day they will wake up and NDSU will be forever encased in the third-level of CFB, but then that seems to be what they want - to move backwards, not forward. Nostalgia and such ...
    I would also like to yet again remind people that the "FCS Forever" crowd doesn't exist. Thinking that there should be 3 tiers of D1 football and waiting for that to happen are two very, very different things.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/04/2...ision-1-change

"Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick told Sports Illustrated that he believes the breakup of college sports at the NCAA Division I level is 'inevitable' and puts a potential target date on that seismic change as the mid-2030s"

"Absent a national standard*, which I don’t see coming, I think it’s inevitable" Swarbrick said. "Mid-30s would be the logical time"

* Gee I wonder who he’s referring to?

So the long-awaited FB "split", which is shaping up to occur WITHIN the P5 and not between the G5 and P5, is more than 10 years away
    Interesting that the AD of Notre Dame, who has a cozy half in/half out relationship with the ACC would put a time line of the mid-2030s for this to happen. Doesn't the ACC GOR expire in 2036? Why yes it does.

Unless something changes, that is when the ACC blows up and some head to the Big Ten and some head to the SEC. PAC will then be affected with the top properties from that conference headed to either the BIG or SEC. Major college football will be the BIG/SEC. The next level will be whatever remains of the P5 plus some G5 moves ups. Rest of G5 and FCS below that.

It's already started with the Big 12. None of those schools will make the cut because if they could they'd already have left. It's already a leftovers and G5 move-ups conference.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Interesting that the AD of Notre Dame, who has a cozy half in/half out relationship with the ACC would put a time line of the mid-2030s for this to happen. Doesn't the ACC GOR expire in 2036? Why yes it does.

Unless something changes, that is when the ACC blows up and some head to the Big Ten and some head to the SEC. PAC will then be affected with the top properties from that conference headed to either the BIG or SEC. Major college football will be the BIG/SEC. The next level will be whatever remains of the P5 plus some G5 moves ups. Rest of G5 and FCS below that.

It's already started with the Big 12. None of those schools will make the cut because if they could they'd already have left. It's already a leftovers and G5 move-ups conference.
    This is what I see developing also by mid 2030's
    Tier 1: SEC/B1G. (This is pro/semi-pro with $100M+ yearly budgets)
    Tier 2: Remaining P5 and upper G5 that join them
    Tier 3: Remaining G5 and upper FCS that will join

I don't think ALL of FCS will be Tier 3, but I do think it will include a good number of schools from MVFC, Big Sky and CAA.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 04-26-2022 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

I don't think ALL of FCS will be Tier 3, but I do think it will include a good number of schools from MVFC, Big Sky and CAA.
    So, reading between the lines of your post, NDSU stays the course and remains in FCS until this hypothetical realignment occurs in 2035 or so.

Got it … Thanks for clarification. Admin could just come out and say it and put this while thing to bed. I wonder why they don’t

Sorry but that most def sounds like FCS forever, at least to me. Best of luck with it all …

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So, reading between the lines of your post, NDSU stays the course and remains in FCS until this hypothetical realignment occurs in 2035 or so.

Got it … Thanks for clarification. Admin could just come out and say it and put this while thing to bed. I wonder why they don’t

Sorry but that most def sounds like FCS forever, at least to me. Best of luck with it all …
    Making a prediction about what will happen is not the same thing as wanting it to happen. ~10 years isn't forever either. FCS Forever doesn't exist, just stop with that stupid strawman.

Tier 4: NDSU and Matt Larsen waiting for an FBS opportunity

Fixed your post

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Making a prediction about what will happen is not the same thing as wanting it to happen. ~10 years isn't forever either. FCS Forever doesn't exist, just stop with that stupid strawman.
    If we're still FCS in 10 years we'll lose over half the fanbase, and that includes me. My first sports memory was the MSUM game in 2000. Grew up in north Fargo, went to every home game I possibly could between that MSUM game and when I graduated college and moved out of state in 2015. Still watch every game, but that's starting to slide. Pay thousands into my parents' season tickets group so that they'll keep them. 10 more years in FCS is forever.

I guess the good news is that if we're still FCS at that point the games will be more competitive. Our program won't continue at this clip with 5k attendance games.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

What about the Pac-12 schools with big budgets like Oregon and USC? I can't see Uncle Phil (Knight) being happy that Ducks football isn't at the highest level of competition.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What about the Pac-12 schools with big budgets like Oregon and USC? I can't see Uncle Phil (Knight) being happy that Ducks football isn't at the highest level of competition.
    Yeah, I don't think that's a very likely scenario myself.

Assuming this all ever happens, the big question is - which level is Bison FB on? 2 or 3? Just have to be there to find out I guess.

I have no problem with NDSU ditching the MVFC and going FBS without any of the other Dakota schools, just in case you were wondering. No problem whatsoever.

In somewhat related news - https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...president-2023

Hope springs eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post

The “prestigious” Norte Dame scheduled a game against an FCS opponent in the name of diversity. It so happens that that school is an HBCU …. Sounds like diversity to me.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.