Page 1028 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 28528928978101810261027102810291030103810781128 ... LastLast
Results 10,271 to 10,280 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    The MVFC media deal is zilch. NDSU’s media deal is based on the past, not the future. SDSU, UND, USD, UNI none of them have anywhere close to the deals that NDSU have. What will the next NDSU media deal look like if interest continues to wane? It is bizarre to me how so many act like we’re already in the MWC and considering a move to CUSA. The MVFC has essentially one positive and that’s the other Dakota schools and UNI
    The amount this board overrates the MVFC is really insane, especially with Murray State further driving down the quality of the league. Just look at our home schedule this year, features aboslutely nothing that is compelling. The Valley is basically like the bloated Big Sky now.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah that’s why I called the Houston game a road game. And it’s not like going to Minneapolis, it’s comparable to the drive to Fergus Falls. Many people who live in Huntsville work in Houston.

This year’s home MVFC schedule is trash. I completely agree with you on the non-Saturday football games though. So dumb.

I don’t like CUSA, I don’t even know if I necessarily want us going there. Any other conference I’m a yes in a heartbeat.
    Problem is there isn't a major FBS stadium in Fergus Falls, so Minneapolis would be our equivalent.

SHSU is getting 4 true home FBS games next year, since Kennesaw will still be FCS. None of those home games are exciting.
    That home schedule is horrible for fans, only two Saturday games to attend, one of those at thanksgiving.

I would bet SHSU actual attendance declines next year.

I generally agree a move to the AAC or MWC would be great. SBC would be good. MAC would be acceptable to me.
    CUSA however is a total turd sandwich, and worse than what we have today.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The amount this board overrates the MVFC is really insane, especially with Murray State further driving down the quality of the league. Just look at our home schedule this year, features aboslutely nothing that is compelling. The Valley is basically like the bloated Big Sky now.
    I actually think it's a great OOC schedule for being FCS. 2 home games against worthy opponents (Maine and Central Ark) and a home/destination game in Minneapolis against EWU. I think each of those games is interesting, plus to get essentially all 3 OOC games at home is pretty remarkable.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I actually think it's a great OOC schedule for being FCS. 2 home games against worthy opponents (Maine and Central Ark) and a home/destination game in Minneapolis against EWU. I think each of those games is interesting, plus to get essentially all 3 OOC games at home is pretty remarkable.
    All three teams didn’t make the playoffs last year, wouldn’t win a third of their conference games if they were in the MVFC.

And yeah, honestly for FCS it’s not that bad of a schedule. The problem is that it’s FCS
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    The MVFC media deal is zilch. NDSU’s media deal is based on the past, not the future. SDSU, UND, USD, UNI none of them have anywhere close to the deals that NDSU have. What will the next NDSU media deal look like if interest continues to wane? It is bizarre to me how so many act like we’re already in the MWC and considering a move to CUSA. The MVFC has essentially one positive and that’s the other Dakota schools and UNI
    Is interest from a media perspective continuing to wane? What is NDSU'S TV ratings for the year?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Is interest from a media perspective continuing to wane? What is NDSU'S TV ratings for the year?
    I would think that as game attendance goes down, TV viewing would go up, but curious if that is the case…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I would think that as game attendance goes down, TV viewing would go up, but curious if that is the case…
    On izzo podcast he stated tv ratings are good and interactions on websites are high

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    On izzo podcast he stated tv ratings are good and interactions on websites are high

Makes sense.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

ratings numbers are down but not significant. maybe tomorrow I can look for data
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

To me, the ratings are what would drive the media contract. It may even suggest that interest in the program isn't actually falling...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.