Page 831 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3317317818218298308318328338418819311331 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,310 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    And then the next one after that, and then the next one after that, and then the next one after that... amirite

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Just wait for the split! lol

it's coming soon! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea it was all NDSU snowbirds there from Arizona that drove over, like all 70s and 80 year olds.

there was no bar scene like there was the first 3-4 years of Frisco.

NDSU deserves to play in bigger stadiums vs bigger teams

USD had legit 6300 fans. maybe
    Indiana State will have 2400 & 2 2022 Ford F 150s on the 50 yard line FFS.

More like 4-5 years ago but I believe that has everything to do with the expansion of Frisco and more fans comfortableness with the area to spread out more. Same number of fans spread across 4-5 times as many establishments.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well, there have been a few of us who have been saying for a handful of years now that we should be trying to start things in motion (essentially where it appears we are now). Now we're frustrated because it appears we are late to the game and probably a dollar short.

It started hitting the fan during COVID when people saw that half the schools were fine with not even playing a season. Another half were fine just canceling games all willy-nilly. It showed a lot of people that weren't super into the workings of FCS that there's a lot of schools at this level that just really don't care.

The cherry on top for what I would guess is everyone else is when JMU and SHSU bailed. Even those here trying to play contrarian about going FBS admit that it should and is going to happen someday.

Every season I hear more and more stories of "why would I donate? why would i renew my season tickets? why would i drive to fargo for that game? etc." so yes, I honestly do think we need it sooner than later. It's too bad it's taken this long
    Anyone with a brain cell knew spring football was a dog shit idea.

But ultimately it gets back to one thing and one thing only. And that one thing is never going to change. I’m addition, if y’all won’t acknowledge there will be more conferences changes in the next 2-3 years that will be beneficial for NDSU (minus the obvious issue of the unmentionable)…well I ain’t gonna help ya there.

NDSU will be better off than SHSU there’s no doubt about it.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

yep, still go to the frisco watch party every weekend. but at this point it's more for the beer, socializing with ndsu alums and grabbing lunch than anything

honestly the arizona game ruined me for a while, what a fun environment with a fan base and program that actually gives a crap

lol @ what i saw on TV from usd at the dakotadome
    It's tough to transition from watching a really good broadcast to one that feels so mediocre.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    It's tough to transition from watching a really good broadcast to one that feels so mediocre.
    True

Even though we lost, the AZ game was awesome on several levels – visually, aurally, spiritually …

It’s hard to come back down to earth, but a good solution I’ve found is to watch the other MVFC teams on ESPN+ … It’s all relative. FCS championship game on ABC should be high-quality stuff. Win the Valley, get a high seed ...

Sounds like YSU will sell out this weekend, so atmosphere should be good

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Anyone with a brain cell knew spring football was a dog shit idea.

But ultimately it gets back to one thing and one thing only. And that one thing is never going to change. I’m addition, if y’all won’t acknowledge there will be more conferences changes in the next 2-3 years that will be beneficial for NDSU (minus the obvious issue of the unmentionable)…well I ain’t gonna help ya there.

NDSU will be better off than SHSU there’s no doubt about it.
    Well then we're in a subdivision where anyone with a brain cell can tell it's pursuing dog shit ideas. That's kinda the point.

99% of people in this thread understand the reason why it hasn't happened yet and why it's difficult. My response was mainly to the "need it now mentality" part of your post. My point is that it's not like we all just woke up 9 months ago and started stomping our feet and freaking out. It's been a growing boil for 5-6 years now for many of us. It's just that now there's a major lack of competition, ebbing fan support, and a general feeling of staleness to the athletic department that wasn't there in the 2010's.

There was a pretty good column posted on FiveThirtyEight about the increasing distances conferences (at least the P5 so far) are willing to jump to add good schools. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ll-in-20-maps/

I hope that means good things for our FBS chances. Here's to hoping we wake up tomorrow to some P12/B12 news
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well then we're in a subdivision where anyone with a brain cell can tell it's pursuing dog shit ideas. That's kinda the point.

99% of people in this thread understand the reason why it hasn't happened yet and why it's difficult. My response was mainly to the "need it now mentality" part of your post. My point is that it's not like we all just woke up 9 months ago and started stomping our feet and freaking out. It's been a growing boil for 5-6 years now for many of us. It's just that now there's a major lack of competition, ebbing fan support, and a general feeling of staleness to the athletic department that wasn't there in the 2010's.

There was a pretty good column posted on FiveThirtyEight about the increasing distances conferences (at least the P5 so far) are willing to jump to add good schools. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ll-in-20-maps/

I hope that means good things for our FBS chances. Here's to hoping we wake up tomorrow to some P12/B12 news
    The B12 would move the meter that’s for sure. Wouldn’t that be something.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    The B12 would move the meter that’s for sure. Wouldn’t that be something.
    Meant it more so as the two conferences duking it out and opening up an avenue for us to MW/MAC

but hey i'll take whatever
    *one day later*

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    What exactly was sad about it? MSU brought a lot of fans, if their QB stays healthy it's probably a better game. If you want to talk about sadness the first and second playoff games were pretty sad I guess. JMU game rocked.
    I believe some other teams will fill the competitive void, just like when schools like App St and GSU left.
    Delaware beat Navy and may be back on track. Montana looks good. There will be others.

That doesn't mean we should stay FCS forever, just it isn't quite as horrific as some believe.
    Enjoy the moment, there will come a day where we can't count on regular championships. Maybe soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I believe some other teams will fill the competitive void, just like when schools like App St and GSU left.
    Delaware beat Navy and may be back on track. Montana looks good. There will be others.

That doesn't mean we should stay FCS forever, just it isn't quite as horrific as some believe.
    Enjoy the moment, there will come a day where we can't count on regular championships. Maybe soon.
    I dont think the void of lost teams got filled.
    College of Business Alumnus