Page 830 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3307307808208288298308318328408809301330 ... LastLast
Results 8,291 to 8,300 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    The same 70 and 80 year olds that don't care about FBS and have deep pockets.
    Grandma's Grandma's Grandma's eh.

Lardsin must go!

The same 70 and 80 year olds that don't care about FBS and have deep pockets.
    yup, those hoopl-ites just think Frisco is the greatest athletic event ever dontcha know.

it was like Norske-Fest South.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Always a good plan to shred the deep pockets fans who have been going to games since the 60-70s.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Hint -- where is Fargo on this map of Sun Belt schools and notice how JMU is between two other schools.
    If Fargo was on that map we would already be FBS, maybe even AAC!

Why would anyone throw in the towel on NDSU to FBS at this point? The NCAA hasn’t even finalized the criteria for qualifying. Nothing will happen until 2023 at the earliest

Lots of BS in this thread …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Why would anyone throw in the towel on NDSU to FBS at this point? The NCAA hasn’t even finalized the criteria for qualifying. Nothing will happen until 2023 at the earliest

Lots of BS in this thread …
    I think its moreso people are checked out and will remain so for the time being.
    College of Business Alumnus

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I think its moreso people are checked out and will remain so for the time being.
    basically. NEED IT NOW mentality.

Actually need to wait to see what G5 leagues get cleared out in the next house cleaning.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Actually need to wait to see what G5 leagues get cleared out in the next house cleaning.
    And then the next one after that, and then the next one after that, and then the next one after that... amirite

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

We've been hearing this sort of messaging for the last 6-7 years. It is what it is.
    College of Business Alumnus

Well, there have been a few of us who have been saying for a handful of years now that we should be trying to start things in motion (essentially where it appears we are now). Now we're frustrated because it appears we are late to the game and probably a dollar short.

It started hitting the fan during COVID when people saw that half the schools were fine with not even playing a season. Another half were fine just canceling games all willy-nilly. It showed a lot of people that weren't super into the workings of FCS that there's a lot of schools at this level that just really don't care.

The cherry on top for what I would guess is everyone else is when JMU and SHSU bailed. Even those here trying to play contrarian about going FBS admit that it should and is going to happen someday.

Every season I hear more and more stories of "why would I donate? why would i renew my season tickets? why would i drive to fargo for that game? etc." so yes, I honestly do think we need it sooner than later. It's too bad it's taken this long
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*