Page 828 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3287287788188268278288298308388789281328 ... LastLast
Results 8,271 to 8,280 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    So, I’ve made peace with the fact that we are not moving to FBS anytime soon. I really have this time. At least, I think I have.

You know how after you apply for a job you really want, you convince yourself that you’re not going to get it so that you’re not disappointed? That’s where I’m at with NDSU to FBS. I’m convinced we are not moving up. And I'm no longer going to be baited into a frenzy by someone hearing a rumor that a phone call was made by some person related to another person who once had Matt Brown over for dinner during which they had a conversation about what the MWC might want to do. I don't care anymore.

I bought NDSU football season tickets this year. This was the first year they’ve been available to me in the past decade. When I signed up for them (at the urging of my wife), I was fairly convinced that we were going to be moving up with all of the realignment going on at the time. I wanted to make sure I had the tickets when we moved up, because I figured they’d sell out again pretty quickly after that.

Now, I’m already planning to not renew. There’s no way we are moving to FBS at this point. We needed to strike when the iron was hot. Conditions have never been better to move up than they were in the last round of realignment. We all knew that JMU would make the move at some point. But certainly if Jax State and SHSU could find a path to FBS, we could too. And we didn’t.

Now, with yet another budget crisis on campus, there’s no way that we make the move in this fiscally austere environment. Even though football funds itself, the optics would be too problematic to make a move up when the rest of campus is in hair-on-fire mode from a budget standpoint.

I hope NDSU remains successful in FCS. I suspect they will. I wish the team the best of luck.

Go Gophers!
    In relation to this I have been thinking this past week+ how crazy it is that there are still multiple posts in this thread discussing/arguing a move. What is there to talk about at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU is better, NDSU has a bigger brand.
    Hint -- where is Fargo on this map of Sun Belt schools and notice how JMU is between two other schools.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Hint -- where is Fargo on this map of Sun Belt schools and notice how JMU is between two other schools.
    ThAt doesn't matter!!! We are NDSU DAMMIT!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you edit the picture enough we get get USD, SDSU, UND, NDSU, Montana and Montana State into the Sun Belt.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    So, I’ve made peace with the fact that we are not moving to FBS anytime soon. I really have this time. At least, I think I have.

You know how after you apply for a job you really want, you convince yourself that you’re not going to get it so that you’re not disappointed? That’s where I’m at with NDSU to FBS. I’m convinced we are not moving up. And I'm no longer going to be baited into a frenzy by someone hearing a rumor that a phone call was made by some person related to another person who once had Matt Brown over for dinner during which they had a conversation about what the MWC might want to do. I don't care anymore.

I bought NDSU football season tickets this year. This was the first year they’ve been available to me in the past decade. When I signed up for them (at the urging of my wife), I was fairly convinced that we were going to be moving up with all of the realignment going on at the time. I wanted to make sure I had the tickets when we moved up, because I figured they’d sell out again pretty quickly after that.

Now, I’m already planning to not renew. There’s no way we are moving to FBS at this point. We needed to strike when the iron was hot. Conditions have never been better to move up than they were in the last round of realignment. We all knew that JMU would make the move at some point. But certainly if Jax State and SHSU could find a path to FBS, we could too. And we didn’t.

Now, with yet another budget crisis on campus, there’s no way that we make the move in this fiscally austere environment. Even though football funds itself, the optics would be too problematic to make a move up when the rest of campus is in hair-on-fire mode from a budget standpoint.

I hope NDSU remains successful in FCS. I suspect they will. I wish the team the best of luck.

Go Gophers!
    Nobody should be envious of the future of SHSU football. But I digress...SKI U MAH! RTB! GO GOPHERS!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The maps for AAC and CUSA aren't much better, and neither is looking to expand now.

MAC and MWC were, and are the only real options.
    Give it some time and patience, and perhaps the MWC door opens after the B1G/B12 figure out how many PAC schools they want to take.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    If you edit the picture enough we get get USD, SDSU, UND, NDSU, Montana and Montana State into the Sun Belt.
    Lol. That’s actually pretty funny. Good one, DD.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I think I'm right there with ya prof. I watched the Arizona game but haven't really watched any of the other games. IDK if I will watch any others until the playoffs. Made plans to go hunting over watching the SDSU game. Judging by posts on here and the number of tickets for sale against SDSU ML and the Fargodome have some work on their hands. Also didn't realize homecoming was this coming weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    That's about how I'm feeling too.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I think I'm right there with ya prof. I watched the Arizona game but haven't really watched any of the other games. IDK if I will watch any others until the playoffs. Made plans to go hunting over watching the SDSU game. Judging by posts on here and the number of tickets for sale against SDSU ML and the Fargodome have some work on their hands. Also didn't realize homecoming was this coming weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I literally tailgated before the NCAT game and then went golfing. Didn't regret my decision for a second to just eat my tickets, game was a predictable borefest. I pretty much have zero interest of FCS football at this point, literally couldn't pay me to watch two teams not named NDSU play each other. I still love NDSU football but I would kill for some compelling games and storylines.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I literally tailgated before the NCAT game and then went golfing. Didn't regret my decision for a second to just eat my tickets, game was a predictable borefest. I pretty much have zero interest of FCS football at this point, literally couldn't pay me to watch two teams not named NDSU play each other. I still love NDSU football but I would kill for some compelling games and storylines.
    yep, still go to the frisco watch party every weekend. but at this point it's more for the beer, socializing with ndsu alums and grabbing lunch than anything

honestly the arizona game ruined me for a while, what a fun environment with a fan base and program that actually gives a crap

lol @ what i saw on TV from usd at the dakotadome
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*