Page 813 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3137137638038118128138148158238639131313 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,130 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    no our AD is from Stony Brook a tiny lame ass school and wakes up everyday thanking his lucky stats he somehow got this cushy job handed to him after Gene Taylor had it running smoothly for years

he has no ambition or desire to go FBS because he would probably be exposed.

he just wants to ride this out for 8-10 more years & retire

we need brass balls of steel & a salesman, not a east coast chumbalone
    Stony Brook is a much bigger university than NDSU is
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Stony Brook is a much bigger university than NDSU is
    https://www.rfsuny.org/rf-news/nobel-laureates/

SUNY Buffalo is not too shabby either

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going to Pitt at Western Michigan tonight. G5 hosting a top 25 P5 team. Outdoor stadium that holds 30k (mostly bleachers). Tickets are $30 reserved and $15 general admission. No idea if they require a donation for good season tickets. Should be fun!. 6:30p CT kick on ESPNU

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

we talking football
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    no our AD is from Stony Brook a tiny lame ass school and wakes up everyday thanking his lucky stats he somehow got this cushy job handed to him after Gene Taylor had it running smoothly for years

he has no ambition or desire to go FBS because he would probably be exposed.

he just wants to ride this out for 8-10 more years & retire

we need brass balls of steel & a salesman, not a east coast chumbalone
    The constant ax grinding on the admin gets old.

Meanwhile, we've got the finest facilities in FCS, and they schedule every FBS game possible. I'm glad our admin is waiting for the right situation to emerge, and not panicking or spastically freaking out. Conference affiliation is a long term decision, not something you can change every 3 years. Choosing poorly could destroy the program that's been built over decades.

NDSU football is much better than that, and belongs in a quality conference. Our day will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The constant ax grinding on the admin gets old.

Meanwhile, we've got the finest facilities in FCS, and they schedule every FBS game possible. I'm glad our admin is waiting for the right situation to emerge, and not panicking or spastically freaking out. Conference affiliation is a long term decision, not something you can change every 3 years. Choosing poorly could destroy the program that's been built over decades.

NDSU football is much better than that, and belongs in a quality conference. Our day will come.
    Yeah but if he stopped his incessant ranting and raving about things he knows absolutely nothing about we’d stop getting nuggets like “we need BRASS balls of STEEL” lol

The worst part about lakes’ FBS rantings is that sensible people who are more hesitant to go FBS read his stuff and then project that onto the rest of the FBS crowd. His nonsense hurts the discussion way more than it helps.

Our admin probably should be panicking, not publicly though. We are staring down sub 15,000 attendance in the near future. I’m not advocating for anything crazy, I just think we’re in a place where we can tell the public that we are ready and looking to go. Our fan base would appreciate it, it would create more buzz and interest with the casual fans that aren’t going to the dome and tailgating anymore, and it would create conversation nationally. We have a ridiculous brand for a FCS school, lean into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah but if he stopped his incessant ranting and raving about things he knows absolutely nothing about we’d stop getting nuggets like “we need BRASS balls of STEEL” lol

The worst part about lakes’ FBS rantings is that sensible people who are more hesitant to go FBS read his stuff and then project that onto the rest of the FBS crowd. His nonsense hurts the discussion way more than it helps.

Our admin probably should be panicking, not publicly though. We are staring down sub 15,000 attendance in the near future. I’m not advocating for anything crazy, I just think we’re in a place where we can tell the public that we are ready and looking to go. Our fan base would appreciate it, it would create more buzz and interest with the casual fans that aren’t going to the dome and tailgating anymore, and it would create conversation nationally. We have a ridiculous brand for a FCS school, lean into it.
    This is where I’m at. I also think this idea that NDSU football deserves better than CUSA is a bit naive. CUSA is not a step down in most peoples eyes. It’s probably more realistically a lateral move that positions us for a step up later. The program is likely going to need to take a chance and bet on itself before a higher conference will take the risk to add us.

My position centers around evaluating the floor and the ceiling of FCS vs. FBS. Our floor in FCS I believe to be SDSU. In FBS I believe our floor to be Georgia Southern. I think both of those floors produce similar results in terms of fan engagement, attendance, excitement, etc. The ceiling in FCS is where we are now. The ceiling in FBS I believe looks like App St. or possibly more if the expanded playoff. In my opinion the upside of FBS tips the scales to taking the risk. It’s not a no brainer but I like to believe that there is more to achieve and aspire to.

SIU beating Northwestern right now.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Who knew there was a thing to win too much! Such a thing as too much success! Crazy to think about really! I really do think the CUSA will bore our fan base the same as the MVFC. Our non conference games could make up for that bore fest but will those games be enough if we can actually schedule decent opponents?
    Well, St Thomas got kicked out of the MIAC for this very reason.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Well, St Thomas got kicked out of the MIAC for this very reason.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I wish ndsu was kicked out
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?