Page 783 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2836837337737817827837847857938338831283 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,830 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Its actually complete speculation that CUSA wants us either.
    The last thing I saw is they might hold tight unless/until WKU and MTSU leave.
    We just assume they would take us because they were desperate enough to take JSU.

The candidates being floated around are Texas and South teams like SFA, Tarleton and Kennesaw.
    None of those appeal to me even if we were included. CUSA is the new SLC.

And 50k stadiums? SHSU can't get 10k, LOL
    Gotta start somewhere. When we moved to DI we were in a BB conference with Cemetery and signed up for the Great West with CS Northridge, UC Davis, and Cal Poly. Starting out in FBS with UTEP, La Tech, and WKU is a step up. If we could get 1, or better yet two of, of SDSU, UNI, Mo State, Montana, ISUr to go with us the situation gets better. Add in SHSU and #Cocky, schools that hard core Bison fans already dislike, that would give us at least 5-6 annual conference games that move the needle some what. The big pay off for fans is an annual P5 game and the home/away G5 game against a somewhat regional opponent. (Wyo, CSU, Tulsa, CMU, etc.) Heck, I bet if we could get a game at Hawaii early on in the transition, we could travel 5000 to the game.

It's definitely a huge risk though so I get it. If we don't make a successful transition and get all of our facilities, budgets, and coaching salaries up to a mid tier AAC/MWC level then it would be easy to get bogged down in mediocrity.

BOTTOM LINE- If we have the $$ it takes to move up and be successful, then CUSA would be a perfect landing spot.

Stadium? “Covid exemption”

Money? Hawaii extra game(s) “geography”exemption

Schedule? Can’t we just be like Independent and play our schedule knowing FCs is half counters or whatever?

Been in the “no playoffs” penalty box for transitions before.

Is it really THAT crazy?

Instead of trying to fit like an AMAZING puzzle piece.

Just get like some exemptions like other schools get?

Is that cheating?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Stadium? “Covid exemption”

Money? Hawaii extra game(s) “geography”exemption

Schedule? Can’t we just be like Independent and play our schedule knowing FCs is half counters or whatever?

Been in the “no playoffs” penalty box for transitions before.

Is it really THAT crazy?

Instead of trying to fit like an AMAZING puzzle piece.

Just get like some exemptions like other schools get?

Is that cheating?
    My answer is yes.
    Insert something clever here...

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The only thing I've ever seen published with NDSU and CUSA was Matt Brown reporting that they asked us the last round, and NDSU firmly said no, so they went with other schools instead. Even that was denied though.

If that rumor was true, it was and remains absolutely the right decision.
    We can do much better, and MWC could become a real option later this year.
    I don't understand why people here think we need to act like desperate beggers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Who said I didn’t want to hear other peoples’ opinions? The first paragraph of my post was about a poster calling me delusional for having lofty goals for 25 years down the road. I thought it was out of line.

It is very not hard to see a situation in which the Mountain West loses Boise and SDSU and then looks to backfill. I truly think Montana and NDSU are the two best-fit schools to replace them. It's fine if people disagree with me, but I don't see my previous two sentences are "making up random rainbow bright garbage".

I think it’s just fine that people have different opinions. I’m usually pretty contrarian myself…
    How is Montana a good fit but not Montana St? School wise MSU blows UM out of the water!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Yep, it's always the same thing with those people. They aren't here to discuss any ideas to make FBS work, all they want to do is put people down, call names, and argue.
    Ah yes it is up to us on Bisonville to figure out how to make FBS work! We all know the administration is waiting for us to figure it out on this forum before we pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Delusional, idiotic, moronic. Always with the put downs and name calling. I could probably lob a few insults back at you for what I think of your opinions, but I don't come here to put others down and feel better about myself.

If we make similar strides to what we have in 25 years, being a school of the caliber of Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State is absolutely within reason. Take yourself back to wherever you were in '97 and think how far we've come since then.

Yes it's optimistic and not guaranteed we'll get there. But it's within reason to have that as our goal. Just like the growth of the last 25 years was.
    Dude are you having a Keith Brakedown? You seriously are delusional if you think we will be in the Big 12 in 20 years! It’s not like they are just passing out invites to anyone right now. What is really going to change? We will be G5 soon so that I agree on

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Dude are you having a Keith Brakedown? You seriously are delusional if you think we will be in the Big 12 in 20 years! It’s not like they are just passing out invites to anyone right now. What is really going to change? We will be G5 soon so that I agree on
    Like the big 12 will be there in 20 years!

Lol!

U dum dums!

I didn’t say we’d be in the B12 in 20 years. I said it should be our goal to be at their caliber in 25 years. If you’re going to be questioning my mental health and calling me delusional try to not be the one having reading/writing issues of your own when doing it.

To Chubs’ point, it’s highly unlikely 25 years from now the structure will resemble what it currently is. Which is part of the reason I didn’t say we’d be in the B12. I said we should strive to be at their level academically, athletically and administratively. If that sounds crazy, we are already at the level of the G5 land grants. 25 years is a long time to catch up to the B12 schools. Look at my first post to see the specific schools I reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

How is Montana a good fit but not Montana St? School wise MSU blows UM out of the water!
    Did I say I thought Montana State was not a good fit? Stop reading the words that you want others to say and read what is actually written. You’re arguing against points I am not making…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*