Page 767 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2676677177577657667677687697778178671267 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,670 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Most are operating off the assumption that Boise and SDSU leave the MW and the MW is then looking to backfill. Neither are obviously set in stone by any means. No one here thinks we’ll wake up tomorrow with an offer from the MW without something else happening first.

Except one guy who keeps screaming at the clouds for Larsen to send hookers to Craig Thompson’s office as if that would help lol
    Could it hurt?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I think the only way the MW would add is to get bigger media markets..There is not a lot of those available.
    What do bigger media markets give a conference in today's FBS landscape? Any conference thinking that way is on its way to the grave imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    What do bigger media markets give a conference in today's FBS landscape? Any conference thinking that way is on its way to the grave imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    AAC took that gamble the last round of realignment.
    They took some not great schools like Rice and Charlotte on the hope they might become the next Cincinnati.

Will be interesting to watch and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    AAC took that gamble the last round of realignment.
    They took some not great schools like Rice and Charlotte on the hope they might become the next Cincinnati.

Will be interesting to watch and see if that works.
    Yeah, it won't. There are literally more people in ND that care about NDSU than there are in Houston that care about Rice. My mom's in Houston. Everything is UT and A&M, with some UH left over. Rice is highly regarded locally for its academics. But no one cares at all about the Owls. No one watches. I'm guessing the same is true in North Carolina. UNC, NC State, Wake Forest, and Duke. Does anyone in Charlotte follow UNCC football? Prob not. Duke played them last year in Charlotte. 14,000 fans showed up. Against a P5.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Tv deals are based upon potential viewers in home cities..The MW has never made it a secret that they need more big cities to get a better tv deal. They talk about it all the time.
    The problem is there isn't a whole lot of big city schools available. Adding a football program in a sparsely populated part of the country is not the key to a bigger tv deal for the MW. You have a nice brand but it is not enough to move the needle for the providers.

The MW plays the vast majority of their football games at night. They sometimes start as late as 8 PM PST. Nobody back east is watching. It is a regional package of interest primarily to MW fans.. Same goes for Basketball. The time slots are the main selling point..

The MW is not arrogant or afraid to play you..It does not lack imagination. The league operates on a small margin but continues to thrive by sticking together as best they can. Will it last? Who knows?

But right now, they aren't looking to add. If something unexpected happens like the Pac imploding it is a different situation. The conference has had major defections before and likely will again but they aren't desperate..

They all voted for really significant exit fees and that will have to be a consideration for teams looking to leave.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Get 4-7 midwest teams to jump as a group and form CUSA North division. I'd support that.
    This is the way. Come on, SDSU, Montana and UNI. We can do this.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Tv deals are based upon potential viewers in home cities..The MW has never made it a secret that they need more big cities to get a better tv deal. They talk about it all the time.
    The problem is there isn't a whole lot of big city schools available. Adding a football program in a sparsely populated part of the country is not the key to a bigger tv deal for the MW. You have a nice brand but it is not enough to move the needle for the providers.

The MW plays the vast majority of their football games at night. They sometimes start as late as 8 PM PST. Nobody back east is watching. It is a regional package of interest primarily to MW fans.. Same goes for Basketball. The time slots are the main selling point..

The MW is not arrogant or afraid to play you..It does not lack imagination. The league operates on a small margin but continues to thrive by sticking together as best they can. Will it last? Who knows?

But right now, they aren't looking to add. If something unexpected happens like the Pac imploding it is a different situation. The conference has had major defections before and likely will again but they aren't desperate..

They all voted for really significant exit fees and that will have to be a consideration for teams looking to leave.
    It is wild to me that Hawaii hasn’t been kicked out of the league. Yes, I know they pay $1M per year to be football only. I only just realized they play in a bad high school stadium because their regular stadium is condemned and deemed unfit for human occupation. People want to talk about geography, facilities, time zone or fan base, Hawaii is about as bad as it gets in every category.

Literally everyone here is saying the same thing. The MW doesn’t want us now, but that might change someday. My fingers are crossed. Y’all have a great conference and we’d be honored to be a part of it. We’re optimistic and confident so we think we’d do alright in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Hawaii is building a cool new stadium. Nobody is getting kicked out of the MW.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like a few other possible schools, NDSU is in a more coveted central zone. That at the very least should help some for possible consideration imo
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    It is wild to me that Hawaii hasn’t been kicked out of the league. Yes, I know they pay $1M per year to be football only. I only just realized they play in a bad high school stadium because their regular stadium is condemned and deemed unfit for human occupation. People want to talk about geography, facilities, time zone or fan base, Hawaii is about as bad as it gets in every category.

Literally everyone here is saying the same thing. The MW doesn’t want us now, but that might change someday. My fingers are crossed. Y’all have a great conference and we’d be honored to be a part of it. We’re optimistic and confident so we think we’d do alright in it.
    I respect your school and were you to be added to the MW, I would be supportive. I don't know that the MW doesn't want you. I don't know that they do. I just try to address what I see as some misconceptions about the MW. Nothing about this mid major business is easy.